Newbie hits 20,000 mark!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Newbie hits 20,000 mark!

Postby pennypicker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

drummer55 wrote:Be careful...there is an enormous amount of Chinese fake Morgan n peace dollars out there. Junk silver is much safer

Thanks for the warning drummer55. Being from the Los Angeles area I am already aware of this problem. Many of the Chinese operatives selling bad dollars on ebay are based in the L.A. area. Up here in Oregon I've already come across a bogus '27 Peace dollar. I knew right away when I picked it up because it was noticably lighter. I have a jewelry scale and I weigh each dollar to make sure it is correct to the gram. :)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing