Which one of you clowns did this...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Which one of you clowns did this...

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Reading the posts and seeing the pictures and videos on RealCent is much more entertaining than anything on TV. thanks to all the entertainers and writers here.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

ScottyTX wrote:Ummm, ChrisXXX is from San Antonio. I remember anthoer newer member from there as well, hummmm. My wife just rolled her eyes at me from busting out laughing.....She knows I'm on "THE PENNY FORUM".

Nope, this wasnt me. My ebay pictures are boring, I would never think to throw a random barbie in there. :lol:
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:51 pm

chris6084 wrote:
ScottyTX wrote:Ummm, ChrisXXX is from San Antonio. I remember anthoer newer member from there as well, hummmm. My wife just rolled her eyes at me from busting out laughing.....She knows I'm on "THE PENNY FORUM".

Nope, this wasnt me. My ebay pictures are boring, I would never think to throw a random barbie in there. :lol:

Come on, y'all. It's my listing. I thought everyone would have figured that out right away. Thanks for playing along everyone.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Two boxes...SOLD!

One box sold for $46.05 plus $15 shipping. When I asked the buyer if she wanted both, she agreed to take them. Added the cost of the 2nd box (another $46.05) to the shipping expense line for a grand total of $107.10 for $50 in materials and $11.65 in actual shipping expense...plus my gasoline and time going to the post office. Well, ebay and paypal will take a chunk too. Not bad for my very first sale on ebay. I love this forum.

Barbie is celebrating, too.
Attachments
DSC00913.jpg
DSC00913.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 278 times
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby bman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm

he would have got more money using the Vanna White doll :mrgreen:

my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:06 pm

I would have paid 3X more for these... :lol: http://lisavalerie.aminus3.com/image/2008-05-31.html
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby gojomoso » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Two boxes...SOLD!

One box sold for $46.05 plus $15 shipping. When I asked the buyer if she wanted both, she agreed to take them. Added the cost of the 2nd box (another $46.05) to the shipping expense line for a grand total of $107.10 for $50 in materials and $11.65 in actual shipping expense...plus my gasoline and time going to the post office. Well, ebay and paypal will take a chunk too. Not bad for my very first sale on ebay. I love this forum.

how did you sell it for so much? or first i should ask; how many coppers were in it originally?
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:21 pm

gojomoso wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Two boxes...SOLD!

how did you sell it for so much? or first i should ask; how many coppers were in it originally?

There were 2,500 pennies in each box for a total of $50 face value, however none of them were what we call coppers on this forum. They were all 2011 zincolns. Some people seem to be unaware that they can go to the bank and pick up the pennies there. Of course, there is no guarantee that they will find a $25 box containing only bright uncirculated coins.

I see you have recently joined. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM (private message).
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
gojomoso wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:There were 2,500 pennies in each box for a total of $50 face value, however none of them were what we call coppers on this forum. They were all 2011 zincolns. Some people seem to be unaware that they can go to the bank and pick up the pennies there. Of course, there is no guarantee that they will find a $25 box containing only bright uncirculated coins.

I go to several banks every day. They never let me pick up 2011 pennies. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby midnite_picker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 am

Now that is what i call "GREAT HUMOR". Thanks for the chuckle.
midnite_picker

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:37 am

midnite_picker wrote:Now that is what i call "GREAT HUMOR". Thanks for the chuckle.

My wife is an artist with a sense of humor and kindly does the photo layouts for me. Barbie also shows up here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-D-Roosevelt-Dime-Rolls-/160578781204?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item25633dc014
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing