Best Method for Shipment for $100FV Pre-1982

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Best Method for Shipment for $100FV Pre-1982

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 pm

PennyPauper wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:No need to ask for a cart when you take it in. You just toss it up on your shoulder. Heck, you can put one on each shoulder if you can get somebody to open the doors for you. What, do we got a bunch of "girlie men" here? :mrgreen:

Sure,machines can carry more than us humans,thanks for rubbing it in. :lol:

LOL!
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat May 28, 2011 12:31 pm

i store my cents in $25 tape-reinforced bricks made from the original penny boxes. They are not exactly square but close.

should i jam 3 of those in a box and put the remainder in a tyvek bad inside the medium size box or should I unbox them and go with 4 tyvek bags?
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 pm

3 boxes across the bottom, and the remaining $25 in a Tyvek bag across the top. That's the way I do it when shipping machine rolled coin. The idea is minimize shifting of the contents inside the box.. a common cause of box failure. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun May 29, 2011 4:17 pm

You should fully encase the penny boxes in tape.. as they will burst whever they are not covered when the post office bounces the package. Another idea is to but each of your penny boxes in a tyvek envelope and sealing shut prior to packing your 3 penny boxes in the bottom of the medium flat rate box. You are going to be pretty close to max weight using this method. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing