newbie from Georgia

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: newbie from Georgia

Postby Red King » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

A lot more Georgians here than i thought :)

Yeah, the percentages here tend to be mediocre. Hard to pinpoint the factors. I want to say that heavier populated areas tend to be higher, due to the increased circulation. However, I am sure there are plenty of exceptions there.

Just keep digging. I guarantee you 30% crowd will not be seeing those results much longer...
Red King
Penny Sorter Member

Postby adagirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Welcome aboard to RC! Seems there are lots of folks from GA on here. I am in the old capitol - Milledgeville. I have no idea where Aragon is... if you are nearby, maybe we could met up one day.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 pm

i think the reason is atlanta was a pretty small city in 1982 - a little over a million is my guess. the growth has been tremendous so you have the pre-82 copper more dispersed among new coins since 82.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Red King wrote:A lot more Georgians here than i thought :)

Yeah, the percentages here tend to be mediocre. Hard to pinpoint the factors. I want to say that heavier populated areas tend to be higher, due to the increased circulation. However, I am sure there are plenty of exceptions there.

Just keep digging. I guarantee you 30% crowd will not be seeing those results much longer...

Yep, I agree. I think the cat is out of the bag, and we are all going to see lower and lower percentages. That's why I just bought a Ryedale (probably should have done it years ago) and I am gearing up to dig and dig some more. :)
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby thaler » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 pm

cat out of the bag is right adagirl. I went to a new bank yesterday to feel out the situation, and the clerk asks me"what do you do with them, sort em' or what?" I just gave her the same old "my kids hobby while they're out of school" story..lol
thaler
Penny Sorter Member

Postby adagirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 pm

thaler wrote:cat out of the bag is right adagirl. I went to a new bank yesterday to feel out the situation, and the clerk asks me"what do you do with them, sort em' or what?" I just gave her the same old "my kids hobby while they're out of school" story..lol

Wow! So far my pickup bank has bent over to accomodate me. I will have to use your line if they give me a hard time. :lol: In the mean time we better get what copper we can. I have a ryedale to use and I need to get my return on investment.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Welcome! I live in Phoenix, AZ and I'm interested in trading all kinds of stuff for coppers. I'm also interested in trading coppers for all kinds of stuff. Some things lend themselves to shipping. Other things only work well if you live nearby. Either way, I'm all about creating a micro-economy based on coppers!
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

adagirl wrote:
thaler wrote:cat out of the bag is right adagirl. I went to a new bank yesterday to feel out the situation, and the clerk asks me"what do you do with them, sort em' or what?" I just gave her the same old "my kids hobby while they're out of school" story..lol

Wow! So far my pickup bank has bent over to accomodate me. I will have to use your line if they give me a hard time. :lol: In the mean time we better get what copper we can. I have a ryedale to use and I need to get my return on investment.

I have a real kid Franklin who is the sorter and we have found show and tell helps get more coins. Franklin now has two Harris blank folders on odd stuff he has found and shows them off. Here is one of the pages.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Great idea. I have a precious little girl, and that is where my screen name "adagirl" came from.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing