Treasure Hunt - Children's Picture Book

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Treasure Hunt - Children's Picture Book

Postby frugi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 am

How much is this book? & have you actually sold any copies yet? If not, I would like to be your 1st paying customer.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Devil Soundwave » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:49 pm

100% for effort. Good job man.
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby iluc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 pm

frugi, I like you! :-) $19.99, pre-orders will probably begin in a few weeks on Amazon, and the book is currently on pace for an early December release.

Thanks, Devil Soundwave! By the way, I lived in England for four years back in the mid-1990s (RAF Lakenheath, near Cambridge) and my dad's still there. Completely loved it. I'm planning to visit next Summer after I've parted ways with the military.
Ian Lucas
Co-Author, Treasure Hunt in the Enchanted Forest (The Search for Good Money)
www.treasurehuntkidsbook.com
iluc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby crazypennyguy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 pm

iluc wrote:Frankly, I have no better conduit to Ron Paul, so if you wouldn't mind feeling out the ability of your friends from his last campaign, we would LOVE to try.

If you're interested, I know Lew Rockwell. Please PM me if you are.

Could you keep us updated on the ages 4-8 book? I have two nieces that age.
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby iluc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:47 am

crazypenny, most definitely. PM sent, Sir.
Ian Lucas
iluc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby iluc » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 am

Hello, all, a quick update. . .

1. The publisher is still doing its thing getting the formatting right, but we hope to have a copy in hand later this month to see if it's ready for release.

2. We're putting together a coloring book and cute bookmarks (an example is depicted below), with other nice things in the works.

3. The Facebook page is attracting some regular folks who have probably never given the monetary system a second thought: http://www.facebook.com/treasurehuntkidsbook

4. Some nice reviews are coming in and the book is slowly making its way in front of some people that have audiences.

5. The Amazon Webstore is being developed right now - I'll have to figure out how to cut a Realcent member deal. :-)

6. Last, but certainly not least, I hope to be able to give away one hard copy to kids via contests for every sale - with bulk printing, that should be economically feasible. Currently shoring up paperwork with the California Sec of State and the IRS for the Gresham Corp. non-profit to conduct those giveaways.
Attachments
Bookmark.jpg
Bookmark.jpg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Ian Lucas
iluc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Trey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 am

Congrats on being on Coinflation! :)
Trey

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 am

Are you taking possesion of any of the books yourself? You could just sell some direct to us on Realcent for $15 (instead of $20 on amazon) and you would make more since you don't have to pay amazon :)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby tractorman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 am

iluc wrote:the book is currently on pace for an early December release.

Hopefully in time for Christmas. I know at least 2 kids who will get it!!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby merchoarder » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:32 pm

This is really cool! Congratulations on this book! Great idea and I wish you great success. It might be a good idea, like highroller said, to sell them directly on realcent. I have a few nephews who I'd love to get a copy for Christmas. Congratulations again! Awesome!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby iluc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 am

Trey, tractorman, and merchoarder: thanks!

Adam, yes, we are taking possession of some and that's a great idea! We'll also have cute bookmarks and coloring books that the kiddos may enjoy. And there will be a bill in the coloring book that kids can redeem for real money. ;-) Bringin' back convertibility! Oh, and thanks again for the review which we have proudly displayed on the Facebook page.
Ian Lucas
iluc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby iluc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi, everyone, it's been a few minutes, but things are finally settled on my end and the book is ready. We've got some libraries and financial museums carrying it in addition to Amazon and our webstore (http://treasurehunt.hostedbyamazon.com/), but I'd like to offer a special to Realcenters like Adam suggested. It's retailing for $19.95, but I'd like you guys and gals to have it for $15 (plus $2.50 for shipping). You can just email me at ianlucas1@gmail.com and I'll send over a PayPal invoice. I also accept coinage. :D

If anyone can help us get the book out to a wider audience in some way, we'll send you a complimentary copy. It's time to teach sound money to the next Greatest Generation!

You can check us out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/treasurehuntkidsbook) and feel free to friend me up there (https://www.facebook.com/ianalucas).
Last edited by iluc on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Lucas
iluc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

PM sent. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 am

iluc wrote:Hi, everyone, it's been a few minutes, but things are finally settled on my end and the book is ready. We've got some libraries and financial museums carrying it in addition to Amazon and our webstore (http://treasurehunt.hostedbyamazon.com/), but I'd like to offer a special to Realcenters like Adam suggested. It's retailing for $19.95, but I'd like you guys and gals to have it for $15 (plus $2.50 for shipping). You can just email me at ianlucas1@gmail.com and I'll send over a PayPal invoice. I also accept coinage. :D

If anyone can help us get the book out to a wider audience in some way, we'll send you a complimentary copy. It's time to teach sound money to the next Greatest Generation!

You can check us out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/treasurehuntkidsbook) and feel free to friend me up there (https://www.facebook.com/ianalucas).

Welcome back!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Ian,

I gave the 2 copies to my sisters and the kids LOVED the stories... they immediately went through their change and now keep all the nickels and copper cents... My sister took the book into their school and read it to the class... always a great reception from the kids. It was nice to meet you in Pittsburgh
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing