How many cents in a 5 gallon pail?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: How many cents in a 5 gallon pail?

Postby slickeast » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:58 pm

I got $288 in and could just get the lid on. $300 has got to be the limit if you could shake it enough.

Is this the BadThad from CCF?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby BadThad » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 am

slickeast wrote:I got $288 in and could just get the lid on. $300 has got to be the limit if you could shake it enough.

Is this the BadThad from CCF?

The one and only! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll consider it $300 in face. At today's copper prices about $750 worth! Now to gov needs to end the melting prohibition. :x
BadThad

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 am

BadThad wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll consider it $300 in face. At today's copper prices about $750 worth! Now to gov needs to end the melting prohibition. :x

Welcome to the forum BadThad. I disagree that the gov needs to end the melting prohibition. When that happens.. it's game over for us copper sorters. I don't know about you, but I don't have enough copper yet. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:47 am

BadThad wrote:I've managed to absolutely, tightly PACK at 5 gallon pail with copper. How many cents do you think are in it? I have no clue, but I do know it's ultra heavy! LOL

Thanks

Weigh the bucket full of copper pennies. Back out the weight of the bucket itself. Then divide the weight by 1.04. There is 1.04 lbs. per $1.53 of copper pennies.

Example: 100 lbs / 1.04 = 96.15
96.15 x $1.53 = $147.10

I got this from Coinflation and weighing pennies on a scale myself. http://www.coinflation.com/coins/baseme ... lator.html

Hoard has dealt with a whole lot more pennies than I have, so, just call it $300! :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing