NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Postby exbingoaddict » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:40 am

Meanwhile at HCBTT's lair....

drclaw.jpg
drclaw.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 627 times
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am

exbingoaddict wrote:Meanwhile at HCBTT's lair....

drclaw.jpg

"I'll get you next time, Medford....next time!"
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Could be worse......we could be a 30+ something virgins forum

I saw that one of the virgins was "reclaimed." Can you do that? I want to reclaim my penny hoarding virginity and start a fresh penny hoard.

And to think I sold that guy driving the forklift his first Ryedale and counting machine.. What have I done?!!! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm reclaimed, but only 14 hours old. Tonight is another chance to stay pure... :) Ah, but I don't need to anymore... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby everything » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I was just returning some coins this morning and the branch manager came out to talk to me about this story, then I called my grandpa and he saw the story too.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tinhorn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

I've been wondering how this story (which had how many viewers?) will affect us. I'm afraid a run on banks for pennies by a bunch of newbies might affect our ability to get them in the future. And you know at least one banker saw the story.

On Friday I called a bank that's always had three or four extra boxes they can sell me. This time, the head teller told me she needed to hang onto them all. Today I went to dump zincs at a bank I've used for months. There was a sign on the machine saying it was unavailable for the day. Not "out of order" but "unavailable". I admit to being paranoid in general, but two strokes of bad luck in a row make me particularly nervous.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:23 pm

I swung into a bank I never use and asked for pennies.. the teller asked me if I was a hoarder.. she said she saw the show...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Could be worse......we could be a 30+ something virgins forum

Wait....it isn't? :oops: .......... :lol:
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DirtyFingers » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:12 pm

I thought Adam, Joe & family looked and acted natural in front of the camera. Good job fellas!

Picked up some bags of cents from my one and only bank today. Business as usual...nobody said a
word about Nightline. They all know I am a metals hoarder anyway.

All attention was on Santa taking pictures with the kids.
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 pm

The story is on ABC news homepage right now. http://abcnews.go.com/
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby glass » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Lead Story on COINFLATION

Congrats
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you to everyone who has put in a kind word towards joe, myself, and the show.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby frugalcanuck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:31 pm

henrysmedford wrote:The story is on ABC news homepage right now. http://abcnews.go.com/

Not only that... its above stuff about charlie scheen
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

People's memories are short. I'm not worried about it. It's big story now but it will move out of the collective memory pretty fast. 8-)
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 pm

We taped it and were very pleased! Everyone treated the subject with respect, I thought.... except that Terry Moran.... o that Terry Moran. :evil:

:lol:

I loved the reference to "real money!" WTG, all.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Actual quotes from two friends I emailed about the show...

Friend 1: This quote from the article says it all "in the weird world of penny hoarding..."

Friend 2: Yes I totally agree. What a bunch of weirdos. That was the most rediculous thing I've ever heard of.  
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 pm

hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 pm

hobo finds

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:31 pm

cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 pm

cesariojpn wrote:YAHOO'S HOME PAGE ARGHFGL!!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/laws-change-penny ... 47264.html

The comments on that article are classic. Most people don't think that a hard asset as easy to get as copper cents is worth it.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AlexTG » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 pm

anger resolved...
Last edited by AlexTG on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Last edited by henrysmedford on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 pm

AlexTG wrote:The yahoo commenters are all morons. They didn't even read the full artical. They all think he has $2,000 face value of pennies. I was getting pissed off just reading it all, I started to reply and then quit, quickly remembering. These are the people that will never understand economics or how to make money.

SO F-ING pissed right now... what a bunch of MORONs. I would, if I could hit them all in the face with a bat till the understood how to read. Would the bat help? Nope, but it would remove them, and thus remove the problem.

Most of the comments about that article just did not sound like adults were posting them. Maybe the divide is too great for people to realize that our fiat currency could go poof and all paper get devaluated, either overnight or just by the simple inflationary treadmill.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:26 pm

JerrySpringer wrote:
AlexTG wrote:The yahoo commenters are all morons. They didn't even read the full artical. They all think he has $2,000 face value of pennies. I was getting pissed off just reading it all, I started to reply and then quit, quickly remembering. These are the people that will never understand economics or how to make money.

SO F-ING pissed right now... what a bunch of MORONs. I would, if I could hit them all in the face with a bat till the understood how to read. Would the bat help? Nope, but it would remove them, and thus remove the problem.

Most of the comments about that article just did not sound like adults were posting them. Maybe the divide is too great for people to realize that our fiat currency could go poof and all paper get devaluated, either overnight or just by the simple inflationary treadmill.

Well, the general user base on Yahoo are people who think Obama/Dubya/Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians/Conservatives is to blame for everything mixed in with some healthy racism and sexism thrown into the mix.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

cesariojpn wrote:
Well, the general user base on Yahoo are people who think Obama/Dubya/Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians/Conservatives is to blame for everything mixed in with some healthy racism and sexism thrown into the mix.

Here is one comment that cracked me up:

"OK, lets say the laws change and Mr. Henry can melt all of his pennies. How is he going to melt them? How does he separate out the alloys so that he has pure copper to sell? It's a bit more involved than boiling water in a sauce pan. This guy needs to get a life." :roll:

I don't refine oil for gasoline either.What a DA comment. Sorry Joe that people are being like Simon Cowell , but most of J6P crowd are not getting the idea that our currency is going to zero.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing