SINKING YOUR OWN SHIP!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: SINKING YOUR OWN SHIP!

Postby Andrew Jackson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:07 am

:lol:
You to tractorman. Say at that bar you weren't tipping a few back with that drunk knocking off brain cells were you. The cage match was between me and Scotty TX. where did you earn valedictorian some type of agricultural school? Congratulations.
ROUND ONE: antidisestablishmentarainism.
Andrew Jackson

Postby tractorman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 am

Andrew Jackson wrote::lol:
You to tractorman. Say at that bar you weren't tipping a few back with that drunk knocking off brain cells were you. The cage match was between me and Scotty TX. where did you earn valedictorian some type of agricultural school? Congratulations.
ROUND ONE: antidisestablishmentarainism.

I win already? pffffft. I thought there would at least be a competition.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:10 am

This thread has just about run its course.

Andrew Jackson, your first post was out of line. Sarcastic or not, you used a childish mocking tone and singled out a fellow member. Personal insults are a violation of forum rules. Take a break from this subject. Any more trolling about how dumb everybody is for being on board with the news story will earn you a ban. You've made your point, several times, in several different threads. Move on.

Let me preemptively counter an additional claim of "free speech" by reminding you that you are a guest on a privately-owned website. You have no "right" or "entitlement" to post here, you have been granted the privilege to post here by the management team, and that privilege can be revoked at any time. We are very tolerant of differing opinions, debate, and discussion, as evidenced by how rare it is for a thread to be locked or a member banned here. We are not, however, tolerant of members who "crap up" the forum with repetitive insulting posts.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby natsb88 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am

So to summarize, before this thread gets locked...

Majority Opinion:
The news story will raise awareness about copper pennies, may inspire a few new sorters but will not have any appreciable impact on copper percentages, and overall is good for developing the copper penny market, ultimately benefiting all sorters when it is time to sell.

Minority Opinion: The news story will spark enough new sorters to cause issues with supply/dump banks for some existing sorters, and the story is better for people selling now, not for people holding for the future, but is still not likely to have a significant impact on percentages.

Andrew Jackson's Opinion: A board full of individuals hoarding copper pennies has fallen victim to group-think, the members are nothing more than sheeple, and the news story, developed as an ego-booster by evil capitalistic copper penny dealers, will bring about the end of the world.

I jest, of course. Sort of...
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Nickelmeister » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:22 am

I think AJ has sunk his own ship.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 am

That's it.. I'm going to start hoarding single women.. by the Ton! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Nickelmeister » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:01 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:That's it.. I'm going to start hoarding single women.. by the Ton! :mrgreen:

Yuu should be very successful, Chuck.
The ones that weigh a ton are frequently single.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:05 am

Nickelmeister wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:That's it.. I'm going to start hoarding single women.. by the Ton! :mrgreen:

That's absolutely awesome, Still laughing over that :lol:
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:07 am

Nickelmeister wrote:

And they don't move so fast.. so I can keep up with them. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby exbingoaddict » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:29 am

#1: +3 to Market Harmony. Well put.

#2: The first Amendment is a protection from the US Government. It's intent was to protect political speech. As pointed out by the TPTB, citing free speech can be dropped. It does not cover private forums.

#3: The post lacked appreciable humor to everybody but the poster. Many of us give out an take a good razzing. It's all in good fun. That just wasn't funny and came off and remains mean sprited.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 am

Andrew Jackson wrote:8-)
Wow, this is an awesome example of group-think. Because I submit a post that you do not agree with, some on this forum like school yard children become charged with emotion!

....and then he get's charged with emotion and starts name-calling.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby CU Baker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
Nickelmeister wrote:

And they don't move so fast.. so I can keep up with them. :mrgreen:

If you can't find any slow enough out your way Chuck, come on up to Minn.or North Dakota, we have a few that went to those agricultural schools that are sugar beet buxom.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justoneguy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 am

I thought that was thogey's job.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Andrew Jackson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 am

:D
First off I'd like to apologize once again.I was intending to add a little humor while expressing my public opinion,on this private forum. Had I known the reaction would have been so bizarre, I would not have posted it in the first place. I am sorry if anyone was offended due to my insensitivity. I re-read post and cannot find where I had individually called anyone any name. Anyway I will be very careful moving forward as to not upset anybody that might be sensitive to my opinions.
Best Wishes:
Andrew Jackson
Andrew Jackson

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 am

ThePowersThatBe wrote:This thread has just about run its course.

Andrew Jackson, your first post was out of line. Sarcastic or not, you used a childish mocking tone and singled out a fellow member. Personal insults are a violation of forum rules. Take a break from this subject. Any more trolling about how dumb everybody is for being on board with the news story will earn you a ban. You've made your point, several times, in several different threads. Move on.

Let me preemptively counter an additional claim of "free speech" by reminding you that you are a guest on a privately-owned website. You have no "right" or "entitlement" to post here, you have been granted the privilege to post here by the management team, and that privilege can be revoked at any time. We are very tolerant of differing opinions, debate, and discussion, as evidenced by how rare it is for a thread to be locked or a member banned here. We are not, however, tolerant of members who "crap up" the forum with repetitive insulting posts.

Awww, man! I missed out on all the fun! :mrgreen:

Three cheers to Highroller! I was impressed by what I saw in the news report.
Way to go, Henrysmedford! You are starting your young-ins off right!

AJ there are many lessons to be learned here. Hope you learn the right ones. You could have made your points with out offending people. (yeah, like I should talk! :P :oops: )
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:55 pm

One man's "group think" is another man's "Master Mind" (See "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill)
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Andrew Jackson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 pm

:D
I will check it out. Napoleon Hills laws of success was a great book. Another interesting and prophetic book is 1984. It strangely mirrors the social structure of our day.
Andrew Jackson

Postby Cent1225 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Nickelmeister wrote:

The best line of the tread! I wish I had wit like that.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 pm

You all fell for the oldest trick in the book, you fed the troll.. I say delete the whole thread, but this is the kind of drama that I can definitely handle. Let AJ cool off, your going to find one of him in every lot. Differing opinions is what made this country so unique. :mrgreen:
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ceddy2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 am

I've already said this in another thread, but when I watched the "Nightline" segment it did not strike me as the kind of thing that would draw large numbers of people into a scramble to begin hoarding pennies (any more than they unconsciously already "hoard" them now). By and large I think most folks see all pennies, copper or zinc, as a bit of a nuisance, and even before copper started to rise many people "hoarded" pennies only because they didn't want to fool with them. That mentality existed before, and is unlikely to change based on a brief "Nightline" segment.
ceddy2

Postby JobIII » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 am

I haven't seen the episode yet. But one teller at a dump branch told me she saw this really interesting clip about collecting copper pennies. :)
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am

my 2 cents? I got a kick out of the media exposure of copper penny hoarding. Im small time,havent even got a ryedale,much less a high volume hook up...or a means of dumping more than i can carry into a dump bank. I see the piece as one more positive in building the penny bullion market.I dont see it causing masses of people jumping into roll or bag searching today...at 1.5 on a penny and you have to want to LOOK at them,or buy a machine.....I actually enjoy looking at pennies! I just looked at some completed auctions on ebay,didnt notice a big spike....just keep searching your neck of the woods...and have fun with it!
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby willy13 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

FWIW, I went to 6 banks today and not one teller mentioned the story...
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JJM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 pm

I think the story was cool, congrats to the guys that were featured! I'm not too worried about the tellers - American Idol will be back in their minds shortly. Not too worried about Mom and Pop, or Joe Six Pack either, sorting is a lot of work w/ minimal immediate return. I do suspect we'll feel the impact from some other Jackson Metals or Portland Mint style operations however, probably sooner than we think. But I suspect this will be regional for a period of time, when it does start. Might not even affect me however. But man, that Andrew Jackson guy, now that's someone we probably need to worry about...lol!
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rosco » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:48 am

Thank you mods for letting this run Out .

I will keep Stacking ever so slowly :)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing