Chase is so kind to NEW customers

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Chase is so kind to NEW customers

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 pm

So I'd been sitting on $650 still of 2011 pennies after selling some on ebay and slowly mixing them in with my dumps each time.

I decided to go to Chase the other day and open an account, as I closed mine about a year ago because I hate Chase.

After doing the paper work they said how much would you like for your initial deposit, I said $650. I said it was in my car and I had to go get it, so I did.

They didn't seem too eager about it when they saw it, but I don't remember them allowing me to do this when I was a regular customer. Finally got rid of the damn zincs. :D
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Chase is so kind to NEW customers

Postby inflationhawk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Ha! Good way to get rid of them.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Outstanding
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Did you get them to kick you $125 or $175 for opening a new account? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Did you get them to kick you $125 or $175 for opening a new account? :mrgreen:

They gave me 30 days to find the coupon for the $150 deal. Also had to direct deposit my payroll check.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Go to your local post office and ask for a change of address packet. That's where I found mine. If you can't find one, I'll mail one to you.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Ha! I just opened a chase account, and they sell me all the coin I want. They also let borrow some nickels trays to carry some coins home.

So far we are good, but I have not tryed to dump there yet.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:35 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Did you get them to kick you $125 or $175 for opening a new account? :mrgreen:

yea they gave me $125 also for direct deposit as long as the account stays open for 6 months, and they said that they're fine with picking up 2-4 boxes a week (I didn't ask for more yet), so we'll see. figured I wouldn't start off at 24 a week this time because that's why BofA stopped me. Lasted 2 months though.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:02 pm

That's funny. My Chase won't order me a single box, but I can bring them hundreds in zinc several times a week and the only thing they ask is I come in an hour before they close.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 am

I don't think my Chase will order for me either.. at least not very much. But 2 of the branches give me all the CWR they take in.. which is a pretty good load. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby bman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm

If I had $650 worth of 2011 zincs I'd make a road trip to deposit them and get them as far away from my home town as possible. I wouldn't want to get them back! ;)
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby getdong » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 pm

avidbrandy wrote:So I'd been sitting on $650 still of 2011 pennies after selling some on ebay and slowly mixing them in with my dumps each time.

I decided to go to Chase the other day and open an account, as I closed mine about a year ago because I hate Chase.

After doing the paper work they said how much would you like for your initial deposit, I said $650. I said it was in my car and I had to go get it, so I did.

They didn't seem too eager about it when they saw it, but I don't remember them allowing me to do this when I was a regular customer. Finally got rid of the damn zincs. :D

I'm not a big fan of Chase either but you can't really blame them for not being thrilled about your initial deposit being $650 in pennies lol. They obviously know your just openning the account to either get pennies from them or use them as a dump bank. Banks know down to a penny who they are making money off of and who's costing them money and your not going to be profitable for them. Nothing wrong with it do your thing but you do have to see their side.
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing