Dang Canucks...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dang Canucks...

Postby ffej » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Went to my pick up bank to pick up my boxes and decided to get some CWR's, got $20.00, got home and opened them up, dang solid rolls of worthless early 20 & 30's Canadians...Someone trying to be sneaky and dump a whole bunch of old Canuck money....Thank you for the nice coins !!! :lol: :lol:
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Dang Canucks...

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:40 pm

BULLY!

That's exciting.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby nero12345 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:01 pm

same here, not so strange since i'm from Canada but i unrolled someone's entire collection of nickels. 20 rolls of all george V and george VI and early queens. felt cool for a minute before i thought of it. Had a long talk with the kids afterward explaining what i'm doing here with these coins and what all the s#@# is worth. imagine it all went to the bank someday for face.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby ffej » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Funny thing is i'm about as far away from Canada as a American can be, living in South Florida, must have been a snowbird...went back for more but none were left... Still cool to get them, guess now I have a Canadain ( sp ) coin colletion.
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Did you get a worthless--
1936 DOT :mrgreen:
At worst case $20 FV 2000 coins at .24 = $2400 US$ :mrgreen: If you sold them one at a time!
Foor full roll prices see-- https://www.jandm.com/script/getitem.asp?CID=3&PID=113
ImageImageImage
Last edited by henrysmedford on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Cool.....nice score.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ffej » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 pm

I know for a fact there was at least 1, 1925, a 28, and 28 was still on my dresser, I have about 3/4 gallon jug full of Canadian coins that i've found since i've been sorting. I'll shake them all out in a day or two. No offense but i never paid much attetion to the older ones because i thought they were not that collectable..I know better now. On the coin wrappers that i threw away was the guys name and phone number, I talked to the bank and the teller said she wasn't suppose to give me the coins with his info on it....I don't want her to get in trouble and I don't want to do something tastless, but I would love to call the guy. I won't because I don't want invade his privacy or get a teller in trouble, any suggestions ?
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 pm

As to the name on the roll you might google it. You might find a obituary and someone cleaning out the closet. If its not stolen one man loss is another man gain!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby crazypennyguy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 am

Quite a score. Had I been another kind of man, I would have been jealous. I'm sorting Canadians in Canada, and I've only found four George Vs in a hundred and twenty rolls.

Congratulations!
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing