7 is my unlucky number today

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

7 is my unlucky number today

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 am

Today was not my day today.

So i go into the bank to cash some checks, and after thats done, I ask for $10 in pennies. Teller only has $7 in pennies. I take them and not push my luck. They are in "shotgun shell" wrappers, so I figured it's CWR.

Get home, I begin to dump each roll out. First roll...7 coppers. Second roll....7 coppers. Third roll....7 coppers. And so on till I hit roll 6.....6 coppers, one Canadian Penny. Roll 7....8...9....10....11...12....same bloody output. I now have 7 Canadian Pennies. Lucky it's all coppers and not CP steelies.

Roll 13....7 Wheat Pennies. Lowest is 1936, highest is 1958-D. Last Roll........14 copper pennies.

After that, i'm abit dumbfounded. Was I just pranked, or was it a truly bizarre set of circumstances?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 7 is my unlucky number today

Postby everything » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 am

Haha, that's awesome. I like to see how many 1976 halves I can get in a row when I do halves. I have to say, I rarely get the Canadians, I get more wheats, and mostly old CP, just got a 1947 the other day, but I think the sound the steel CP makes when it falls together with the rest is something we might be hearing more of one day. So .. don't get to superstitious about your rolls.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing