JACKPOT!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

JACKPOT!!

Postby penny pretty » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

$20 in cwrs from credit union. $12 was all from same person(stamped name and address)ALL rolls 100%! no cent higher than 1975.about half were BU, and I mean SPARKLING! most of the BUs were 1975. but had a few streaks of 1960 and 1964.also 38 wheats, 20 canadians,including 3 georges.now the questions.. how did this happen? and how weird would it be to send this guy a letter asking if he had anymore he wants to get rid of?see above address is on rolls. TY for any thoughts, and handsorting is gonna be boring after this!!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: JACKPOT!!

Postby fb101 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I strongly recommend against contact;
the bank should have eliminated the information before giving you the rolls.
If it was me I would be raising he** at the bank for giving out my contact info.

BTW congrats on the nice finding.
be sure to go back often for more.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Exactly what fb101 said. Don't make waves....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

I go with he is dead and the wife dumped them at the bank.We have found when we get old wrapped rolls and then say to the teller who passed on they then say how did you know. :mrgreen: You might give the vault teller your phone number and ask them to call you if more come in. You might Google the name and see if he has passed. But I also vote do not call.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

+1

Same old story. Most of us have benifited and picked up someone's hard earned booty.

It's always the "all knowing, never wrong" widow who just drove the old man into the grave, he's glad to be there too.

The old broad cashed in his coins at face. Same old story.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby penny pretty » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 am

thanks guys. Im not sure it was a collection or hoard. no truly valuable coins.the wheats were normal, but the 1975s were all pristine, and scattered throughout the rolls! my last scary thought is should I check to see if he turned in any dime or quarter rolls!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing