Is the comparator any good on the ryedale mizer sorter?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Is the comparator any good on the ryedale mizer sorter?

Postby pennyhoarder12 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Did anybody Purchase this new ryedale mizer sorter and knows how accurate the coin comparator is? I noticed that the mizer has an imported comparator. A lot of those comparators are junk that you see on ebay. Does anybody know the model number of this comparator on the mizer?
pennyhoarder12

Re: Is the comparator any good on the ryedale mizer sorter?

Postby Elcid69 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Is the ryedale apprentice the same as the mizer, if not what is the difference? Tks
I want to buy " War Nickel's & Steel Pennies"
Elcid69
Penny Collector Member

Postby myfundsarelow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 am

greetings all ,i baught the mizer from Mr Ryedale a while back, the only problem i have is the cents flip going into the compareter you just have to stand by the switch to stop the action, this is a great machjne for my needs i feed the coins with a S 2000 igt hopper the mizer is builtup close to discharge chute of the hopper. PEACE!! PS I use a dimeshelf wheel, these come from early models of the s 2000 hopper the center hole had to be enlarged to fit on the hopper shaft i used my dramilwith grinding stone caution use safty glasses when grinding the dime shelsf wheel PEACE!!
myfundsarelow
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mishra142 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:04 am

I have a mizer as well. I think the main difference between it and the apprentice is he imported comparitor. I've had mine for about 6 months and have ran thousands of dollars through it and it is a great machine. Be sure to hit the snp with a little dri slide before each run and she will pur along with no issues. I typically run 100-150 per run. As far as the quality of the comparitor it is extremely good. I double sort for copper and rarely ever pull any zinc on the 2nd run through and rare few I do I attribute mostly to bounce over.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing