Pimping Realcent (And, Admittedly, Myself) On Squidoo

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Pimping Realcent (And, Admittedly, Myself) On Squidoo

Postby crazypennyguy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Okay, I admit I stuck in my own stuff in some of the links. But the star of the Squidoo lens on copper penny sorting I just wrote is none other than Realcent! I made sure that my self-pimping was parenthetical, confined to a notation about coin collecting. Realcent has top billing And bottom billing too.

Let me know what you think. I realize that some people here don't like the activity pushed, but I'm one of those guys who does like promoting it. The way I figure, promoting will bring in more buyers than sorters. It's much easier for a newbie to buy from a slavin' sorter than it is to do it him- or herself.

An aside: I know Squidoo lenses are monetized, but any proceeds from the ones I wrote are going to Save The Children. There's nothing like turning all the proceeds over to charity to make you a shameless promoter :D
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Pimping Realcent (And, Admittedly, Myself) On Squidoo

Postby everything » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 pm

I read it, short and to the point, sounds good.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Nothing wrong with making some coin on writing (or promoting). I spotted a misstatement. Realcent is not run by Portland Mint- its run by a volunteer management team dedicated to the hobby. Portland Mint deserves a mention though.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby crazypennyguy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 am

everything wrote:I read it, short and to the point, sounds good.

Thanks. Despite Squidoo frowning on the prodecure, I submitted the same text as an article for a large article directory. To be honest, I didn't know about that stricture when I did so.
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby crazypennyguy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 am

JadeDragon wrote:Nothing wrong with making some coin on writing (or promoting). I spotted a misstatement. Realcent is not run by Portland Mint- its run by a volunteer management team dedicated to the hobby. Portland Mint deserves a mention though.

Thanks for the correction. I just edited the lens to correct the misstatement and add what you've suppled.
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 am

It's run by the proprietor of the Portland Mint...

This statement is incorrect and still shows up in the article. Does it take a while for the changes to show up?
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby crazypennyguy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:
It's run by the proprietor of the Portland Mint...

This statement is incorrect and still shows up in the article. Does it take a while for the changes to show up?

Thanks for pointing that out. I got the editing process wrong; I forgot that an edit doesn't automaticlaly propogate unless I hit the "Publish" button. It's fixed now.
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 pm

what exactly is squidoo? the article was excellent! I loved the handsorter reference!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 am

Yeah, what exactly is squidoo?
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby crazypennyguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 am

Squidoo is a very popular Web 2.0 Site, which allows you to create pages called "lenses" on anything you want. You can think of a lens as a one-page blog.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squidoo
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby crazypennyguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 am

Speaking of Squidoo: the penny-sorting lens got me a Squidoo "trophy" from a mod or heavyweight over there. It said I've "got potential!"

Again, thanks to everyone - including the correction of my earlier mistakes :? Thankfully, the mod or whoever saw the corrected version.
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing