Anyone seen this new show "Diggers" on NatGeo?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Anyone seen this new show "Diggers" on NatGeo?

Postby getdong » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Just curious if anyone has seen this new show Diggers on National Geographic. Doesn't seem like a show that will become one of my favorites but was kind of interesting, basically these guys with metal detectors go looking for stuff. Went to a prison and found a 1910 S Penny.

Funny how these shows can take any activity and make it cool or popular from storage auctions to picking to restoring antiques heck even "prepping" lol.
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Anyone seen this new show "Diggers" on NatGeo?

Postby Z00 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Anything to keep the masses entertained so they wont look too closely at things that really matter.
I think Network was one of the most prophetic movies of my time.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah I saw it. Wasnt that impressed with it. Nice to see what they find but I found all the abreviations for everything quite annoying. Juice in the hole, Civ, round..and so on. It wasnt nearly as bad as the idiots they had on doomsday preppers though.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Yep I did. Recorded it....so I can fast forward through it....interesting on the stuff they found but I am sure it was edited and scripted...agree on all the abbreviations...bit silly in my mind.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Dave 77 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Yeah I saw it. Wasnt that impressed with it. Nice to see what they find but I found all the abreviations for everything quite annoying. Juice in the hole, Civ, round..and so on. It wasnt nearly as bad as the idiots they had on doomsday preppers though.

Yeah. It was really annoying hearing the use all if the abbreviations but I think the worst was cologne. I FOUND A COLOGNE!!!
Dave 77
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing