I think ARVEST is getting...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I think ARVEST is getting...

Postby cacahg » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:14 pm

sick of me. I had 2 branches in town tell me they didn't have any boxes an two only give me 1. The last few weeks I've only been able to get in for pick ups on sat. morning. I try to go in at different times and I never get more that 2 boxes at a time. I think I need to move my times around. There are 6 or 7 ARVESTs near the house or work and I spread my pickups around. I was only able to get 4 boxes today and 2 are skunks. Not the best day for the empire.
cacahg

Re: I think ARVEST is getting...

Postby theo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:30 pm

cacahg wrote:sick of me. I had 2 branches in town tell me they didn't have any boxes an two only give me 1. The last few weeks I've only been able to get in for pick ups on sat. morning. I try to go in at different times and I never get more that 2 boxes at a time. I think I need to move my times around. There are 6 or 7 ARVESTs near the house or work and I spread my pickups around. I was only able to get 4 boxes today and 2 are skunks. Not the best day for the empire.

Skunks are frustrating. Ask one branch if they can order the boxes for you ahead of time. Also ask them to save any customer wrapped rolls for you.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tuleja » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Personally, I never ask for more than either CWR's or 1 box of pennies if the bank is not expecting me. Many banks don't have a bunch of boxes sitting around as they don't expect people to ask for multiple full boxes.
Definitely talk to them about ordering penny boxes for you. Many vault tellers will appreciate the advanced notice so they can account for your pennies and what they need to have on hand to run the bank. Be nice to them, work a friendly relationship with them.
It works really well when you find banks that will place multi-box running weekly orders for you.
tuleja
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:27 pm

bag of Hersheys doesnt hurt either...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing