first box in 2 weeks

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

first box in 2 weeks

Postby lance » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Its becoming harder and harder to get pennies....just got my first box in like 2 weeks...good thing i didnt get a ryedale!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: first box in 2 weeks

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Call ahead and place an order at a bank you are a member at. They should do it for you. Bid they won't then go to other banks and ask if they will order you coin if you open an account. Someone will want your business.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 pm

I can do way better than that just doing drive bys;
Aren't there other banks around you can hit?
Either that or do what NHSorter says or both.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MUTiger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 pm

fb101 wrote:I can do way better than that just doing drive bys;
Aren't there other banks around you can hit?
Either that or do what NHSorter says or both.

I agree. I have a bank that I call ahead and get what bags they have on Friday. It has been as little as none and as high as 3. I also stop at several others depending on which way I go home from work and never have a problem getting a box from each just by walking in. Rarely am I asked if I even have an account there although we have accounts at 4 banks. I have got CWR at banks near my work that I do not even have an account at. Both times Cu was very low <5% and they were rolled with an automatic roller so I suspect someones zinc dump. I guess I need to give it one more try.

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby adagirl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Will your bank allow you to place orders? THis is what I do, and I take whatever CWR's they have when I go in.
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby lance » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm

I have hit up other banks and most of the time they say they dont have them or i need a account...my credit union that i have been with all my life are very stubborn...i might try and ask them if they can order them but i think it will be a fail...i use to always goto a bank i didnt have a account at and get one box a week but now they say i need a account...it gets old!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby GimmeSomeSilver » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:08 pm

If I don't have some type of coin to look through, I go crazy! I feel your pain.
GimmeSomeSilver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I struck out here in town today myself. 4 stops, 4 fails. Shocking, actually, factoring in my face recognition and considerable charm. I guess they really were out of pennies.

I did get $50 ea. from 3 branches in the neighboring burg, so all was not lost. The $4.35 I peeled from TD's Canada magnet paid for the extra fuel. 8-)
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby lance » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Seems like its easier getting half dollars than pennies...seems most banks dont like having half dollars...i grabbed one box from a bank in walmart today...like i said...im glad i didnt buy a ryedale...handsorting is relaxing and since im only doing about a box maybe 2 a week it works out well
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:16 pm

lance wrote:Seems like its easier getting half dollars than pennies...seems most banks dont like having half dollars...i grabbed one box from a bank in walmart today...like i said...im glad i didnt buy a ryedale...handsorting is relaxing and since im only doing about a box maybe 2 a week it works out well

One word.......roadtrip!

You know where all the banks are.......north of you!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby lance » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Very true....i might head to the orland area sometime and buy like 20 boxs just to have....but as of now....im more into half hunting...after hitting the jackpot i hit a couple weeks ago im addicted and need my fix again lol
lance
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing