NEW GUY getting ryedale

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

NEW GUY getting ryedale

Postby justicious » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:36 pm

I am going to order a Ryedale from Andy by sending him a check cutting out eBay fees and all that. Will sort till I pay it off then I will sort more mainly to sell for some profit to keep hoarding. May get a second one if needed this one will be the apprentice even though the MAXX is out it will save a decent amount of money. I have a local craigslist guy that will buy for 1.5x so that seems real good until he doesn't want anymore then I will sell on here and feebay I guess.
justicious

Re: NEW GUY getting ryedale

Postby justicious » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:26 am

ho many dollars in pennies can you run through this thing before it needs new non replaceable parts? can It be service by Andy for a small fee?
justicious

Postby GimmeSomeSilver » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:22 pm

I would have no problem buying one, but I don't know if I would be able to sell my pennies! Hopefully this forum can help me with that!
GimmeSomeSilver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:38 pm

justicious wrote:ho many dollars in pennies can you run through this thing before it needs new non replaceable parts? can It be service by Andy for a small fee?

you will run out of supply banks before that ryedale wears out 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fb101 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:15 pm

There are a few replaceable parts; look at the videos on the ryedale web site for more information on when.
Not very frequent.
fb101

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 pm

you will enjoy the ryedale
dakota1955

Postby Chief » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

The only problem that I have had with my Ryedale is trying to keep it running. I cannot pickup/dump enough pennies to keep it running as it should.
That is one good machine! The first time I ran it, I was in awe. Still am.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby drummermatt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:23 pm

After hoarding up two 5-gallon buckets of copper by hand, I finally bit the bullet and just bought my first Ryedale this afternoon, with the extra accessories and spare parts etc. I can't wait to get this fine machine and try it out! I have heard nothing but good things about both the quality of the machine itself, and the reputation of the man behind the machine (Andy).
drummermatt

Postby tuleja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

You will love it when you get it. After hand sorting $250 in copper, I got mine from Andy 2 weeks ago. I had fallen way behind on my "to be sorted" inventory because I could get boxes quicker than I could hand sort. Now that I am caught up I have a lot more zinc to bring back to pay for boxes to be sorted. Now my only inventory is copper and zinc to be returned!
It eats through boxes very quickly. Very nice!
tuleja
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justicious » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm

sounds real good I don't want to bite the bullet and buy one new... I want to get one of those you ship me Ryedale I ship back coppers.
justicious

Postby Penny Pyramid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I have been using a ryedale apprentice for about 3 years and have sorted over 5 million pennies. It is a very well made machine. There will be jams that need to be cleared during runs. These jams can happen at any time, so it is important to watch the machine during the run. When a jam occurs with two pennies stuck inside the machine, the slide will quickly fill with pennies and the machine must be stopped and cleared. I clear the slide of pennies and just dump the hopper of pennies back into the unsorted bag, then clear the jam. Other things to watch for is when one of the five wheel positions is plugged with something I always stop and clear it (usuall two pennies stuck together). I do not like running with 4 of 5 wheels only.

Always lube with white lithium grease and dry slide before use. I always clean the components and slide prior to use as well. It is important to keep the cam on the underside of the wheel clean as I found out the hard way. Also, if there is any small obtructions down inside the machine, it must be found and removed. Otherwise, it may just jam continuously (aslo as I found out the hard way). Small clear plastic can be very difficult to see and remove from the inside, so be careful not to allow any contamination inside if possible. It can be a big problem.

Good luck! Happy hunting!
Penny Pyramid (PP)
Penny Pyramid

Postby justicious » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Changed my mind again I will buy from Andy his price is to good to resist. with resale value I will barely loses any money and basically only profit :)
Will watch plenty of you tube to make sure it is cleaned and lubed properly.
justicious

Postby getdong » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm

cool post a review and let us know how you like it. ive been thinking about getting one for a long time but cant justify the price tag for the volume im currenctly doing and already havea decent homemade sorter. be curious to know if you like it and if it's worth the price tag.
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Postby justicious » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm

update: sent Andy a check He said it arrived today and my Ryedale will ship tomorrow. CHEERS!
justicious

Postby MIspecial » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 am

Good for you, enjoy!
MIspecial

Postby twentybux » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Congrats!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing