Real cost of Spring break

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Real cost of Spring break

Postby fasteddy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Got back from a week of winter sports in Winter Park Co last night....21 hour drive, 2579 miles, 128 gallons of fuel, $1500 in ski rentals, lessons and lift tickets, $450 in food, (we have a kitchen), $275 in booze....about a $100 bucks in t-shirts....but the real cost was missing the bucket of "wheat heads that went into the machine" the teller told me today. CRUD. The bags went out Saturday. I treat these tellers right...Sonic Cherry limeades, Fuddruckers cookies...You would think they could wait one more business day...They knew I would be back on Monday....CRAP that just bites. They "have no space for bags" CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!

While I was there the police caught the "crapper scrapper bandit"...He was stealing the brass from the public toilets in Denver.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Re: Real cost of Spring break

Postby Morsecode » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm

The crapper scrapper :D

I'd put those tellers back on bottled spring water until they make up for it.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:54 pm

:shock: Spring Break sounds expensive. I attend 30+ dirt track races each summer, 4-5 hours of entertainment each, and eat yummy track food, for less than $1000 a year :D
natsb88

Postby slickeast » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

natsb88 wrote::shock: Spring Break sounds expensive. I attend 30+ dirt track races each summer, 4-5 hours of entertainment each, and eat yummy track food, for less than $1000 a year :D

Nate, I didn't know you were a redneck.

You should try the dirt track here. Red clay = red dust. All your track food will look like someone covered it in Doritos seasoning.

Eddy, I think the girls were pulling your leg. At least that is what I am hoping.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby natsb88 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm

The little 1/5 mile track (for go karts and micro sprints) on the inside has that southern red clay, but the big half mile is plain old brown. I think it has a fairly high sand content too...no matter how wet it is, it still throws off dust. Good fun though. A regular show is 358 sprints, late models, pro stocks, and roadrunners. Hot laps, heats, and features for all. $10 admission :D
natsb88

Postby tn-dave » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Nate, we live pretty close to Volunteer Speedway and used to go a lot several years ago. Some good dirt track racing there: http://volunteerspeedway.com/

Spring Break was a pretty good deal for us this year. We bought so many tickets to Disney for the school trip my wife and I always chaperone that our tickets were free. We tried to keep meals there under $20 per meal for the two of us and that was pretty hard to do. Also picked up a stomach bug that has had me weak and pretty much out of comission for the past week
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Dirt tracks......red clay?......Guys, come on! Eddy just lost 2 bags of Unc 14-D's cause he was skiing......show some heart. :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

My children like to ski and snowboard, I like deer hunting, racing of all sorts, we have a couple of small dirt/paved tracks close by....NASCAR will be in Texas in 24 days. I will be there. Once my brother boasted about tailgating at a Broncos game for three hours...I responded when he was ready to get off of the porch he could come to Texas and tailgate for 5 days...

Hey Doc...My Dad and I opened the JW Blue Label while in the mountains last week....So smooth....we did about half of the bottle...I left the rest with him.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am

Well, shame it didn't find its way to my tumbler over some fresh ice.....but I am happy that pops picked up the slack. :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing