First, well second, IH Tonight

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

First, well second, IH Tonight

Postby atticus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi,

So early last October (2010) I noticed something "odd" in the penny tray of our cash register. Brought it home and found it was an "Indian Head" penny. Through researching it, thinking that I had found a $1000 penny of course, I ran across information on copper pennies, and subsequently, this site. I have learned a ton from this site and have experienced a huge amount of patience and kindness (thanks Joe and Franklin from Max!!)

At some point before Xmas, I lost that IH, possibly from my wife or son not knowing it from other pennies. My fault for not squirreling it away at the time I figure. Besides, it has made it's worth back in knowledge as well as my "stash" that I would never have known about.

Anyway, just celebrated my 40th birthday a couple weeks ago, and got a couple jars of pennies from my inlaws. Just found a decent 1907 IH in the one from my sister in law just now. Am psyched to see things come full circle, have forgiven my wife for "losing" the other one, and am plowing through the rest to see what's in store. I've come to the realization that it's the "what's around the next bend" excitement that keeps me hand sorting.

Just thought I'd share.

Atticus
atticus
Penny Sorter Member

Re: First, well second, IH Tonight

Postby twentybux » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Great story! And by the way...Happy Belated Birthday! :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Beervestor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 am

I wanna find a IH so bad !!!!! Congrats and happy late bday
Beervestor

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am

atticus wrote:I've come to the realization that it's the "what's around the next bend" excitement that keeps me hand sorting.

+1

I have found 3 IHs over the years, and I keep all three of them on my dresser so I can see them each day and be reminded that finding cool stuff is possible.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing