Trying to hit that magic number

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Trying to hit that magic number

Postby TXBullion » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 pm

When to a gas station today that was prepay to top off. Didnt know how much but gave the guy a 50. Rang up 46.79. Squeezed the trigger slightly, 46.81 for the ideal 19 cents in change. Unfortunatley, It was 4 new shields but I still got my good old Cupronickel. Off to the dump stack go the shields :lol:

**Edited for typo in title
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Trying to hit that magic number

Postby misteroman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

SHOCKED HE DIDNT GIVE YOU 2 dimes
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Guess I never get this joy since I always use credit for gas. On the bright side I pay it off monthly and get like 3% cashback...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:01 pm

I get reamed on gas prices over here. Booo to America and her lovely cheap fuel. Boooo. ;)
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fasteddy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Yo D S you think we have cheap fuel man check out Venezuela...how about $0.25 gallon....I filled my truck yesterday 31.6 gallons, for $95.00 up about 6 bucks over last week, and we have good pricing on fuel here in Texas.

Cheers.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Yep - gas prices rising quickly here in FL too - should hit $3 a gallon in next couple of weeks. $4 and $5 gas isn't as far off as many think.........but I'm still gonna drive my Ford Truck.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:12 pm

25 cent comparatively though I'm sure. I would imagine that 25 cents in Venezuela goes a lot further than it does in the US on any product.
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:21 am

You did it all wrong TXBullion. Next time you are going to prepay.. drop a couple of bricks of zinc pennies on them. You won't be able to beat the records held by Deal and me.. but you will get some respect. And the look on their faces you when you buy that much gas with pennies.. is priceless! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing