Quickest way to open rolls?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Quickest way to open rolls?

Postby DebtFreeMe » Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm

The boxes I get from my bank are clear plastic wrapped coins. I currently use my wife's seem popping tool and can open all the rolls in a box in about 6 1/2 minutes, but doing about $1000 a week this means it can take upwards of 4 1/2 hours to open.

Does anyone have a faster way to do this? I run two Ryedales so sorting takes no time at all.

Thanks,
DFM
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Re: Quickest way to open rolls?

Postby reddirtcoins » Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I just do the normal split one end and bend the roll to release the coins.. But one way to save time is open enough to fill the ryedale cup then start the ryedale emptying the newly opened coins to the running ryedale. Best way to save time that I know of.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mishra142 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

I score them with a knife and crack them open, works well and is quick.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 am

You NEED the Rollcracker 1000! http://www.rollcracker.com/ In less than one minute a full bag (100 rolls) of coin of any denomination will be broken open & separated from its paper. The RC 1000 coin roll cracker can handle coins wrapped in flat tubular coin wrappers, crimped end coin wrappers, automatic coin wrap paper of any weight, and even plastic coin wrappers. Rubber bands, from around the coin rolls, do not have to be removed before cracking.

This thread in the old forum has the research on some other options. http://realcent.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1043
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing