my very first box

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

my very first box

Postby 97guns » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:48 pm

so yesterday i picked up my first box, popped some rolls open and started to sort. i went through maybee 10 rolls and i started thinking that maybee this isn't for me. this morning i woke up with not much on the agenda so i started sorting again, i got into a bit of a rythm and before i knew it i was done with the box. it really wasnt too bad and after further review i may actually be getting addicted to it. this first box yielded 500 coppers, 6 wheaties and 2 dimes, is this a decent haul?. i have my second box here waiting to begin on now :mrgreen:
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Re: my very first box

Postby bman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:32 pm

That sounds pretty close to average except you don't normally get dimes in boxes, just in hand wrapped rolls. and the wheat count might be a little lower then normal but not much. I started off doing $5 worth at a time and worked my way up to a box at a time. Something just doesn't seem right if I don't sort some pennies every evening now. Welcome to the addiction! :D
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PolishPunisher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Hey man! Welcome to box sorting. Getting 20% copper is a little low, I average about 27% copper since it is your first box you will likely see your percentage go up :) . I generally get about 10 wheat per box, but I too am just starting up and have only sorted ten boxes so far. Oh, and be sure to determine if 82's are copper or not, if you currently aren't saving the copper ones it might really hurt your percentage. Good Luck.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

20% return in not a low number and is actually right on par in certain areas of the country. Depending on where your located your results will vary. Welcome to the board!!

Scotty
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Nice.....go and get yourself a cheapo coin folder and start filling a wheat set from Circulation. This is an awasome way to keep track of your new wheat years/mints and it will keep you excited for many boxes. After that you will still find a new coin or an uprage here and there. The set will not be to valuable unless you luck onto a few keys...BUT it is one of the most rewarding sets one can build. Only labor not how much money you have will grow this set. ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Nice.....go and get yourself a cheapo coin folder and start filling a wheat set from Circulation. This is an awasome way to keep track of your new wheat years/mints and it will keep you excited for many boxes. After that you will still find a new coin or an uprage here and there. The set will not be to valuable unless you luck onto a few keys...BUT it is one of the most rewarding sets one can build. Only labor not how much money you have will grow this set. ;)

Is this the same as road rage... but just for penny sorters? Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing