machine

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

machine

Postby iatetacos » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 pm

so I'm tired of hand feeding coins into my cheap sorter. any recommendations on what i get? preferably something with an autofeed. reasonably priced hopefully lol.
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Re: machine

Postby jacer333 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 am

Heard of the ol' ryedale? ;)
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 am

Buy already sorted copper here!!!!! :D
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby stlouiscoin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:24 am

There are 2 royal soverign coin sorter models I have, one is a hand crank and cost $40, the other is an auto feed and cost $120. I forget what there called... go to wally world or toys r us and pick up some hotwheel track with the sides on it. I used masking tape to connect it together, and had the coin sorter sitting on a bench, higher then the comparitor. If you use an automatic coin sorter, I recomend covering every other hole up with masking tape.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby iatetacos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 am

iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Madwest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 am

iatetacos wrote:well i hate posting links but... what is the difference between the 3 of these??

This is a legitimate Ryedale. It is colored blue to differentiate it from the Apprentice because it contains a comparator that is from "old new stock." The fact that it is blue and that the comparator was manufactured years ago, but never used, is not a concern. If you want to buy new, this is the clear winner. The hopper and slide are the key components and they are the same as the Apprentice.

This is the competitor's knockoff of the Ryedale Apprentice. From what I've heard, it's slide does not perform as well as the Ryedale units. The hopper and comparator are the same as the Ryedale, though rumor is that the comparators might be used - reclaimed from coin operated slot machines. It use to make sense to consider this product, but now that Ryedale has the blue unit at a better price, it makes no sense at all.

A used Apprentice. If you want to go used, get this one.
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Postby newton7 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 am

For the money and the excellent service go with the Ryedale!!!! I have had mine now for about two years I guess and have had no problems! I'm about to wear out my first wheel but keep cleaning it to get another couple of months on it. I built some frankinsorters in the beginning but nothing compares to the Ryedale.

If your time is worth anything, it is well worth the investment.
I bought a Red for much more back then and still think it was worth every penny.

Good luck.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:48 pm

I had a coinsorter once. it was slow and noisy, but got the job done. for some reason, she left me.......
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby iatetacos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 pm

penny pretty wrote:I had a coinsorter once. it was slow and noisy, but got the job done. for some reason, she left me.......

trying to get the gf to do it. she loves going through the bags and pulling out all the wheats she sees... and keeping them... but doesnt sort any of them lol...
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby iatetacos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 pm

also. anyone here interested in selling your sorter? i will also make a post in wtb. but thought i will throw it here since i was asking about it anyways.
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GTOJohn » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 am

go with the Ryedale !!!
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby goldteam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 am

newton7 wrote:For the money and the excellent service go with the Ryedale!!!! I have had mine now for about two years I guess and have had no problems! I'm about to wear out my first wheel but keep cleaning it to get another couple of months on it. I built some frankinsorters in the beginning but nothing compares to the Ryedale.

If your time is worth anything, it is well worth the investment.
I bought a Red for much more back then and still think it was worth every penny.

Good luck.

what do you do exactly to clean the wheel?
goldteam

Postby newton7 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:12 am

I use Simple Green and sometimes a metal knife to remove the gunk build up from dirty coins going thru it. I wipe everything down that builds up gunk then re lube with dry-slide and lithium grease under my wheel at the shaft to get ready for the next run. Cleaning also helps prevent jams down the road. Check the coin machines post about lubing the Ryedales.

viewforum.php?f=21
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:35 pm

You can always hire a few neighorhood kids and pay them with Oreo's and milk!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby galenrog » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Read the description carefully for the first item and you will find that it is not a Ryedale, but rather a knockoff that uses similar parts. the second is also a knockoff. Go with a genuine Ryedale.

When it comes to any tools or equipment, buy the best quality you can afford.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 am

galenrog wrote:Read the description carefully for the first item and you will find that it is not a Ryedale, but rather a knockoff that uses similar parts........

No, it's definitely Andy's eBay listing.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby galenrog » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 am

You are likely right. I keyed in on the phrase "functionally identical", which has been used frequently by the folks with the knockoffs, along with cut and paste verbiage from Andy's ads and website. Had i looked at the item location, i would not have made an ass of myself. Sorry.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing