Black Friday

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Black Friday

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:54 am

You got to love it when your to boys who are ten and fourteen want to spend black friday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping) getting rolls of pennies. They want to give mom the day off. So we will be going by all branches of Umpqua bank http://www.umpquabank.com/Home.aspx ,Premierwest bankhttps://www.premierwestbank.com/index.html,Chase https://www.chase.com/Chase.html and Rogue Federal Credit http://www.roguefcu.org/ in Jackson county Oregon. From the past we know past that we can get from a few rolls to bags full of $50 rolls of coin to go through! :D Also will be dropping off coins at Premierwest free coinstar http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/a-home and Rogue Federal Credit free Cummins coin counting http://www.cumminsallison.com/coin/sscc.htm. A lot more fun than standing line to buy next years junk!
Last edited by henrysmedford on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Black Friday

Postby Slaphot » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 am

That's what I will be doing while my wife is Shopping!
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:15 am

Is any place selling cheap PMs on black friday :lol:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 am

TXBullion wrote:Is any place selling cheap PMs on black friday :lol:

One day my oldest kneed the coinstair and out came a 1965 Kennedy out of the return. I have know idea why he did it. But there it was. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby PreservingThePast » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:06 pm

No traditional Black Friday shopping for us. Just our normal end of the month errands, getting prescriptions at drug store, etc.

I don't even have any rolls that I have gone through to return to bank to swap out for more. Other stuff getting in the way of my sorting here lately and it makes for one not-so-happy camper. :(

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 pm

between now and Christmas is a good time to buy crw's. People will be turning in change to buy presents
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd rather be dumping and searching but I have to work Black Friday! 12 hours, too! I do get double time and a half, though! $$$$$ I'd rather hit the banks to dump and buy. I got over $100 face of zinc to dump. Won't get a chance until Tuesday.....bummer! You guys search a little for me, too!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby slickeast » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:20 pm

who Is going to be out shopping friday? Saw best buy has a laptop for 189.00. 15", 3gb ram, 320 hard drive
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:39 pm

slickeast wrote:between now and Christmas is a good time to buy crw's. People will be turning in change to buy presents

sure is slick, i have picked up $210 face in the past week all CWR. copper >60%!!!!! lots of wheats too :P

Many "old" rolls from a bank that was bought out by BB&T when I was a kid.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby andrewjackson » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 pm

8-) . Black Friday I don't want to sound pesimistic but did anyone catch the news propaganda about income and spending being up. They are trying to encourage all the trusty consumers to rush out and keep the economy afloat. At the same time russia and china announced that they will no longer be trading in dollars with each other. Let's make it a red white and blue Friday and buy american made gifts. I have also noticed a huge increase in wheats? I've. Been running into a lot of them, better to invest in copper than inferior products made in communist countries. Have a great thanksgiving :D
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rosco » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:35 am

andrewjackson wrote:8-) . Black Friday. Let's make it a red white and blue Friday and buy American made gifts. I have also noticed a huge increase in wheats? I've. Been running into a lot of them, better to invest in copper than inferior products made in communist countries. Have a great thanksgiving :D

i Agree Buy USA :D :lol: :)

Henry Will You be coming up to Salem for Coin Show on Saturday :idea:

I will be Wearing black ball cap that says Coach Care 8-) Rosco 8-)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:43 am

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:I'd rather be dumping and searching but I have to work Black Friday! 12 hours, too! I do get double time and a half, though! $$$$$ I'd rather hit the banks to dump and buy. I got over $100 face of zinc to dump. Won't get a chance until Tuesday.....bummer! You guys search a little for me, too!

I will search a little extra for you 8-) An I happy you can Whine about a good Job that slows your Searching Good luck ;) Rosco
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:46 am

Considered going. However standing in line fighting with people over a TV doesn't seem worth it. :|

Had a big screen Sony LCD for the living room that broke right about after the warranty was out. :x So while replacing it would be nice. I find that I really don't miss it. Then again, my TV watching is limited to the History Channel, Man vs. Food, and law and order reruns.

I can watch burn notice on a 26" TV just fine. Plus netflix has plenty of streaming MST3K episodes left I can see over the monitor. :)
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 am

And we are off. We have the $400 of junk going back and not restock fee and free coffie, internet and it is cookie Friday :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing