Where's penny pretty????

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Where's penny pretty????

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am

Here's one that catches you real quick!

Abe's got a double chin now!

TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Where's penny pretty????

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 am

Now that's a purty penny! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

So now we gotta look closely at all our 1958-D cents? That's gonna take a while. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 am

This ain't nothing. It's only "machine doubling". Not much real value to a knowledgable collector. But some do collect these. I might throw it up on feebay and see how high it goes!

But Mr. "Penny Pretty" is a newer handsorting member who likes dates that double!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby penny pretty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:This ain't nothing. It's only "machine doubling". Not much real value to a knowledgable collector. But some do collect these. I might throw it up on feebay and see how high it goes!

But Mr. "Penny Pretty" is a newer handsorting member who likes dates that double!
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (13.32 KiB) Viewed 474 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 pm

penny pretty wrote:
TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:This ain't nothing. It's only "machine doubling". Not much real value to a knowledgable collector. But some do collect these. I might throw it up on feebay and see how high it goes!

better yet...
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.8 KiB) Viewed 470 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:04 am

TY jonas for your expertise. I am not a "knowledgalge collector" but TY anyway for singleing me out as a dumbass! dont worry, I wont post here again asking for input. I thought that whats this forum was for. I am truly sorry I posted a picture of a worthless penny up!
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 am

Sh*t just got real.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:40 am

That escalated quickly. :?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 am

I musta missed something, and maybe I'm glad I did...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:35 am

Don't think jonas was tryting to be a butt or make anyone feel stupid......it's not his style.

Just showing off a cool doubled penny.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 am

Holy cow....what did I say that went this wrong!

I think my comment was taken WAY out of context here.

So, I will officially apologize anyway.

To be clear to all, I have been posted lots of handsorting finds since I bought a nifty camera a bit ago. My comment of a "knowledgable collector" was not directed at any one person. It was directed at those, maybe not on this website, who seem to give me a hard time about the pics I post. That was only my sarcastic disclaimer to them. As a handsorter it was, and still is, fun to find something different. And, I collect them and end up selling them or trading them to others like myself.

The post was about this very extreme "machine doubling" 1958D wheat cent that I thought 'penny pretty' would like. In no way was this a shot at him or his knowledge of error collecting. Heck if anything, I am jealous of his camera skills or usb scope he has.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Country » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Everyone - Please try to be germaine to the subject of copper errors.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby penny pretty » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:35 pm

my bad. seeing my name as a post, and then the post seemed to be picking on me.I got angry. I have been picked on before. I am an adult now and I responded wrong to this. NO apologies needed.
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Holy cow....what did I say that went this wrong!

I think my comment was taken WAY out of context here.

So, I will officially apologize anyway.

To be clear to all, I have been posted lots of handsorting finds since I bought a nifty camera a bit ago. My comment of a "knowledgable collector" was not directed at any one person. It was directed at those, maybe not on this website, who seem to give me a hard time about the pics I post. That was only my sarcastic disclaimer to them. As a handsorter it was, and still is, fun to find something different. And, I collect them and end up selling them or trading them to others like myself.

The post was about this very extreme "machine doubling" 1958D wheat cent that I thought 'penny pretty' would like. In no way was this a shot at him or his knowledge of error collecting. Heck if anything, I am jealous of his camera skills or usb scope he has.

sony cybershot 15 mP then open with windows photo viewer, then zoom in. then, print screen(windows7) then open MSpaint save as PNG.
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 am

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:This ain't nothing. It's only "machine doubling". Not much real value to a knowledgable collector.

I think it's quite a find! I'll take those in the sort anytime I can find one! Congrats on the double die.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby iatetacos » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 am

i dont know how you guys catch these... do you put every penny under a magnifying glass? i cant see any kind of errors in them with my eyes... i can barely even read the dates :lol:
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 am

iatetacos wrote:i dont know how you guys catch these... do you put every penny under a magnifying glass? i cant see any kind of errors in them with my eyes... i can barely even read the dates :lol:

I basically wear this while sorting. 2X 4X 8x(my eyes have seen better days!)
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 278 times
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:42 am

Man, I gotta get me a pair of those!
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Don't hurt to get your eyes checked. Many people in their 40's start to need reading glasses, and that's about the distance you are usually from coins when sorting. My uncle is an optometrist, but I still don't know much about it. http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/eyest ... 01084.html

I still don't have reading glasses, but I know I need em.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am

penny pretty wrote:I basically wear this while sorting. 2X 4X 8x(my eyes have seen better days!)

I love my optivisor! Mine has a flip down magnifyer on each side and a really bright light mounded in the center. Great for looking at coins while keeping your hands free. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:56 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
penny pretty wrote:I basically wear this while sorting. 2X 4X 8x(my eyes have seen better days!)

I love my optivisor! Mine has a flip down magnifyer on each side and a really bright light mounded in the center. Great for looking at coins while keeping your hands free. :mrgreen:

Where can I get one of these??? What kind of price would I need to spend for a good one?
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dannan14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Numis Pam wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:

Where can I get one of these??? What kind of price would I need to spend for a good one?

i got a really cheap one on Ebay back in February for $9.75 shipped. It has an LED that is pretty bright (after you play with the switch...very poor quality product) and two lenses that cover both eyes and a monocle to bring the magnification to as high as 10x. i got what i paid for. If you can afford it, try one in the $25-45 range...you'll most likely get much higher quality than the cheap one i found.

dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing