can i get a money bag from my bank

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

can i get a money bag from my bank

Postby 97guns » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 am

ive got 2 canvas bags that i use to take the zinkers in, i think i got them from my dad who got it from his bank. i also have 2 of those zipper money bags that business use to deposit money,i asked my bank for either of these and they said that they had none. just wondering if you scored any bags from your bank and what bank is it?
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Re: can i get a money bag from my bank

Postby Scotchbriar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 am

My bank lets me borrow these to take $50 worth of pennies that aren't rolled home...but they expect them back when I come back...when I've asked to keep one they have told me no.
Scotchbriar

Postby GTOJohn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 pm

i bought a few on flea-bay -- think they were about $1.25 each
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby twentybux » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 pm

If you have a good relationship with your banks, you can talk them out of a few of these (my experience), however I am not in the Big City and I grew up with alot of folks that are now the big wigs at the banks. Just like so many other things, it helps to know people.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby chris6084 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:25 pm

I have never asked for bags, but have got several from banks. The ones I got were when I asked for a box of pennies, and they had $25, but not in a box. They just put them in a cloth bag. They did not ask for the bag back, and I assumed they did not expect me to bring it back, so I have kept all of the bags I got. I even got one of those hard plastic $25 trays this way. The teller told me I could keep it, but I double checked just to be sure. I did not want him to get in trouble for giving away a tray.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 999Ni » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 pm

i got one from wachovia a while back when they gave me a bunch of rolls of pennies. i keep all my .999 Canadian nickels in there. i need one more for my junk silver. anybody wanna donate? :mrgreen:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing