Almost had to use use the cart

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Almost had to use use the cart

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:34 pm

So I happened to be out near one of my banks by work yesterday and decided to do a drive-by. I had a hunch maybe they might have a few rolls of pennies for me to pick up. I was so confident in the feeling that I took in 2 carry bags rather than just the normal one. Maybe I could smell the copper. My favorite teller was very happy to see me. She tells me she it is a good thing I came in since she has lots of pennies for me, as well as other coins. Now when this teller says she has lots of coins it is generally the truth.. not 10-20 rolls like some other tellers. She stacks up 300 rolls of CWR pennies for me.. then starts stacking some of the other denominations. I start calculating the weight in my head.. and begin to wonder if I am going to need to go back out to the car and get the cart. I only use the cart when the weight gets up there a bit.

So when she finishes stacking rolls she has for me:
$150 in pennies
$140 in nickels
$260 in dimes
$200 in quarters
Not a bad drive-by, but not enough to justify using the cart.

I do the calculations and calculate balancing,, then load up 75 pounds in each bag and carry them out to the car. If you don't balance your loads you could topple over to one side. Got a few looks from folks in the teller line. And that's how I balance my money at the bank. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Re: Almost had to use use the cart

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:22 am

That is an awesome bank pickup!!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:36 am

NICE!! :thumbup: Now tell us what all you found in those rolls!! :D
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:32 am

Back in the day I could have carried that load back home through the snow uphill both ways, but now I'm old enough that it would have been two trips. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:21 am

Numis Pam wrote:NICE!! :thumbup: Now tell us what all you found in those rolls!! :D

Yes! And then send me half of what you found right away! :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 am

Engineer wrote:Back in the day I could have carried that load back home through the snow uphill both ways, but now I'm old enough that it would have been two trips. ;)

Nice one
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 am

SilverDragon72 wrote:
Numis Pam wrote:NICE!! :thumbup: Now tell us what all you found in those rolls!! :D

Hmmm.. not sure I want to cut the one silver dime and one silver nickel in half. Also found 4 normal canadian dimes and a Thai guy coin a little smaller than a nickel. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby creshka46 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:39 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
SilverDragon72 wrote:

Hmmm.. not sure I want to cut the one silver dime and one silver nickel in half. Also found 4 normal canadian dimes and a Thai guy coin a little smaller than a nickel. :mrgreen:

Is that the guy with the bald head with all asian writing except for a "1" ? I find those in bags occasionally and I have no idea where they come from. And I can't even look them up because I have no words to search by because they're all asian.
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 am

Yes, it is. They are from Thailand. The 1 denomination is probably not a baht.. probably something lower like a senang or something. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing