Am I crazy?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Am I crazy?

Postby jasmatk » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm

well I go to this store down the street from me all the time and if im due $.59 in change i get $.60 if im due $.48 i get $.50 if my totals $2.02 and pay with 3 they give $1 back.well i know im getting more but i want my pennies not to mention that nickel. So my question to everyone is am i crazy or do other people get aggitated when you get "rounded up" :?: :?:
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:07 pm

take the free loot!

get the coin you crave by the box at the bank ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Sounds like the places you are shopping don't like to bother with small change. I agree with Rodebaugh. Now then... if you're sharp at your math, you can shave a few percent from your costs by making several smaller purchases instead of fewer large ones, but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. Plus the checker would be thinking "gee, that guy has a calculating look on his face." :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 pm

beauanderos wrote:Plus the checker would be thinking "gee, that guy has a calculating look on his face." :lol:

i cant even think of anything to say to that quote except its awesome :!:
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 am

I think the clerk would also be thinking.. "That guy sure is a penny pincher." :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Coppergames » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I don't believe you are... :shock:
Got lots of stuff on sale, Stranga!
Coppergames

Postby twentybux » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:06 pm

My answer is Yes and Yes. :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 am

At my local corner store, the checkers don't think. Three times I payed with a roll of $2.00 of culled nickels they "click whrrrrrr'ed" and gave me change back for a $20.00. When I mentioned the roll was $2 not $20 they could not figure out the change. I have to tell them what it is. Can't do the math.

When I pay with a roll of halves . . . It ends up with a discussion with all the counter clerks as typically I get "I've never seen these before" (from the young ones) and after increasing their awareness, get a chance to plug the realcent and coinflation web sites.

Now when they tell me the total, I just tell them "out of $2.00 or out of $10.00" and hand them the roll. This they can handle. Though the halves always spark some disucssion. Kind of fun actually.

I vote, not crazy.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I've done the same thing. I prefer the pennies, but a nickel is ok if I am due 4 cents. 4 copper pennies would be equivilent to 8 cents. Either way I win.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing