Zincoln sells?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Zincoln sells?

Postby sheepdog_tx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Is there any market you think for selling unsearched 1982+ zinc pennies for those looking for errors? I have no desire to search these for errors, Wide AMs, other crapola. I'm thinking a local coin shop might be interested in trading search copper pennies for these or am i crazy (or both)?
sheepdog_tx

Re: Zincoln sells?

Postby bman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I doubt it, but error/variety searchers might buy solid date rolls of certain years. That is only IF they beleive that you didn't check them.
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 pm

sheepdog_tx wrote:Is there any market you think for selling unsearched 1982+ zinc pennies for those looking for errors? I have no desire to search these for errors, Wide AMs, other crapola. I'm thinking a local coin shop might be interested in trading search copper pennies for these or am i crazy (or both)?

I tried it a couple of times with the guys over on CCF(coin community). Alot of die-hard error hunters overthere. No luck at all and I was trying to sell $75 face of my zinc dumps.

You never know what people might buy. :roll:
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RichardPenny43 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 pm

I saw a CL ad not too long ago and the guy was selling $1000 fv zinc for $900.
Guess he didn't have a dump plan.
I passed, seemed kinda shady.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:I saw a CL ad not too long ago and the guy was selling $1000 fv zinc for $900.
Guess he didn't have a dump plan.
I passed, seemed kinda shady.

I think I might have gone for that deal. I could easily fold those into my dump plan. He just didn't want to try to run 20 bags through a Coinstar machine. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing