Anyone want to vouch for bgretz1989

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Anyone want to vouch for bgretz1989

Postby pipster » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 pm

selling a ctu of copper to him as i don't have a lot of history on here it is understandable for him to be a bit leary as am i sending something without payment first i am leary as well but if ya'll say he's good i will send
pipster

Re: Anyone want to vouch for bgretz1989

Postby rsk1963 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm

feedback.php?mode=feedback

He's got 6 vouches so far
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 pm

rsk1963 wrote:http://www.realcent.org/feedback.php?mode=feedback

He's got 6 vouches so far

feedback.php?mode=feedback&u=699
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:17 am

http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3323&p=30692&hilit=Bgretz1989#p30692 there is the old feedback for 12. But considering you posted this in a thread my offer is withdrawn and I won't be doing any buying or selling with you in the future.

The unwritten rule of an unestablished member ships first is self explanatory. Putting someone's (my) integrity in question isn't the best plan to achieve results in your sales.
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby eboyfudd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 am

That rule is unwritten for a reason. A seller looking out for his own interest shouldn't be insulting. I didn't interpret his post that way - he couldn't found some useful information by looking a bit harder, but we live & learn.
eboyfudd
Penny Sorter Member

Postby pipster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am

bgretz1989 wrote:http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3323&p=30692&hilit=Bgretz1989#p30692 there is the old feedback for 12. But considering you posted this in a thread my offer is withdrawn and I won't be doing any buying or selling with you in the future.

The unwritten rule of an unestablished member ships first is self explanatory. Putting someone's (my) integrity in question isn't the best plan to achieve results in your sales.

certainly did not mean to offend you in any way and i am sorry if i did. you defiantly have the right to withdraw, i have been burned in the past i am sure you are a great person and trustworthy but you can understand why i would be leery.
thanks for your offer though
PIP
pipster

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 pm

eboyfudd wrote: A seller looking out for his own interest shouldn't be insulting. I didn't interpret his post that way

Where are their other posts asking about conducting sales with anyone else? No ones forced to do deals with anyone. If someones worried then back out.

Lookiong at making a deal via PM goes public? Private message right? So yes this is a joke and more or less putting my integrity into question.
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 pm

I see zero wrong with the original post. You should ALWAYS question integrity of online transactions. I have been burned multiple times. Even on here with a user with multiple positive feed back (I think it was five positive feedback and zero negative). But, that is JMHO!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:40 pm

The whole thread is bizarre. I have not seen this here before.

How is pipster protecting himself by posting this question? I would normally ask the guy I'm trading with for a reference.

I've vouched for new guys before by PM. "hey is this guy any good, he say's he knows you?" "yea he's good"

It's not an offensive thread, just weird.
Last edited by Thogey on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm

When I look at feedback I also look at the 'quality of feedback'. When looking at yours I would trust you. You have six positive with four coming from established users. The other two are from a strongly suspected scammer and a name similar to the suspected scammer with only one feedback. If I was grading your feedback I would give it positive four and anything two or above is good for me............... JMHO
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Thogey wrote:The whole thread is bizarre. I have not seen this here before.

I guess this is exactly where my issue lies.....
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:15 pm

How pipster protecting himself by posting this question. I would normally ask the guy I'm trading with for a reference.

A 'good scammer' can provide you references. Those references would most likely be himself and could even include established members from small transactions. He would create multiple accounts and make 'bogus transactions between those accounts'. This would build feedback among all of those accounts. He may also make a few small transactions with very established members to 'make it look good'. His accounts would then in one week make several large transactions netting several thousand dollars and skip forum. He could then rinse and repeat.

I think it would be a good idea to state the amount of the transaction when giving feedback. Small amounts should be considered appropriately. I moderate one of the largest forums in the world and many people have been scammed out of thousands of dollars. But, there have been many millions of dollars trading hands without any problems. On the internet you can never be 'too careful'. In real life too as I was scammed out of several thousand dollars via a Craigslist ad. JMHO.......
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Catfish4u wrote:

How pipster protecting himself by posting this question. I would normally ask the guy I'm trading with for a reference.

A 'good scammer' can provide you references. Those references would most likely be himself and could even include established members from small transactions. He would create multiple accounts and make 'bogus transactions between those accounts'. This would build feedback among all of those accounts. He may also make a few small transactions with very established members to 'make it look good'. His accounts would then in one week make several large transactions netting several thousand dollars and skip forum. He could then rinse and repeat. I think it would be a good idea to state the amount of the transaction when giving feedback. Small amounts should be considered appropriately. I moderate one of the largest forums in the world and many people have been scammed out of thousands of dollars. But, there have been many millions of dollars trading hands without any problems. On the internet you can never be 'too careful'. In real life too as I was scammed out of several thousand dollars via a Craigslist ad. JMHO.......

I think this is what Gimmesomesilver did.

The only people I've vouched for are ones I know, I mean I know where they live. I've been to their house and know them personally.

I'm just saying that pipster is not protecting himself by adding this thread. A ctu is not a huge deal and this guy just joined. You have to start somewhere.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm

I am much more skeptical than I used to be. When I look at the feedback of gimmesomesilver (the suspected scammer) he stated in feedback he met bgretz1989 in person for a transaction. Did any other posters meet with gimmesomesilver in person? Those scammed may be interested in his address. (for contacting him or his family seeking restitution). I was looking for that thread where multiple people were scammed (including myself) but can not find that thread - is it deleted?
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:53 pm

You might have a good point about posting the dollar amount in the feedback system.

That might have revealed jackoffs.... I mean gimmesomesilvers tactics. It might have saved 68camaro $811. It does look like a setup.

How bout it begretz. Do you know where he lives?
Thogey

Postby justoneguy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Catfish4u wrote:I think it would be a good idea to state the amount of the transaction when giving feedback...

I personally would not like to see the amount i spent posted publicly.
but then again I don't make large purchases
or spend more than i'm willing to stake on my impression of the other party.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CopperForLife » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 pm

justoneguy wrote:
Catfish4u wrote:I think it would be a good idea to state the amount of the transaction when giving feedback...

I personally would not like to see the amount i spent posted publicly.
but then again I don't make large purchases
or spend more than i'm willing to stake on my impression of the other party.

Even though I don't post much and usually just get info off this site. maybe they could have some sort of option for feedback where you could choose to display the price range you payed/recieved for an item? just a thought.
CopperForLife

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 pm

True, some people would not like that information disclosed. A 'good scammer' could get around it anyway. They could simply buy ten peace dollars from one very respected member and sell those same dollars to another very respected member. (or buy peace and sell morgans). The net would be zero but they would pick up valuable, respected feedback in the process.

You should always be VERY careful when 'sending first'. I often wonder how many scammers, or sets of scammers, are currently working this forum. Maybe they are in the process of actual scamming or maybe they are just building up their feedback in preparation. Hopefully the answer would be zero but it would be pretty naive to just accept that without taking precautions.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm

There is no different in sending first or paying first..... On a forum like this. Anyone can be ripped off.

Here's an example lets say after all this bull[excrement] I bought the ctu and paid him first? Who says he for sure would ship? I mean he could use this thread to try and say oh no I shipped.

So catfish sense you seem to be so cautious are you saying you think I'm scamming people? Wow I did a face to face trade with an idiot who ripped someone off. My own transaction with him went smooth so he got the feedback for it. So anyone who had done a deal with him under either screen name, are they on your suspected scammer list?
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm

If you don't have the balls to take someones word then don't buy or sell.
Case closed
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:55 pm

It has exactly ZERO to do with how big your balls are! It is 100% about taking a risk because you think 'the reward is worth the risk'. You should try to minimize your risk by performing research, asking questions, sending pm's to previous feedback giver's, etc. If you pay or send first you are accepting a risk that you 'may be ripped off'. It is simple as that......................
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:04 pm

bgretz1989 wrote:So catfish sense you seem to be so cautious are you saying you think I'm scamming people? Wow I did a face to face trade with an idiot who ripped someone off. My own transaction with him went smooth so he got the feedback for it. So anyone who had done a deal with him under either screen name, are they on your suspected scammer list?

I do not think you are scamming people. But, of course there is a chance. It is somewhere between 0% and 100%. People that transact with you must decide what that % is for themselves and decide if it is worth proceeding. Anyone that dealt with the suspected scammers would induce additional scrutiny from me. I dealt with him too so I would include myself on the list for additional scrutiny. But, that is just me. Everyone must decide for themselves.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Instead of stating a public thread, how about PMing the people the other person has done deals with and asking if the person was great to deal with?
"Calling someone out" on a public thread isn't good w/o good reason, IMO.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 pm

This thread should be moved to the MEMBERS ONLY area, or deleted.
uthminsta

Postby pennypretty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I love this forum, and I understand where bgrets is coming from. I got upset when my name was used for a post. There was no ill will intended, but I shot back a reply I shouldnt have. The people here are great, and if you see something you dont like, try a PM first(I learned my lesson!)
pennypretty

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing