amazing bank pickup, PART ONE!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

amazing bank pickup, PART ONE!

Postby penny pretty » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm

I never thought I would have to do a 2 part post, but today was different. Have not picked up for awhile(long work hours) So today I forced myself out of bed at 11 AM(I work nights) saturdays the credit union is open till 1PM. I go to first one, they have $50, I take em! drive to second one about 2 miles away, last stop, hoping I can get at LEAST $20. The teller says she has $60, then the teller next to her says I have a lot of pennies( all CWRs they dont like em) I said ladies, I can take care of both of you(always wanted to say that, but in a different context) SO I got $110 from THAT CU, and noticed a row of VERY old looking wrappers on top of one of the $25 trays. Got home opened one of those old ones(figuring %100 roll) it was 100%... canadian! latest 1959! 33 george6 1 george5 1930 . 7 rolls left I am saving to open later. am posting part 2 tomorrow cause the 1st bank, which I only have sorted about $10 is freakish also! anyone need some georges?
Attachments
006.JPG
006.JPG (128.34 KiB) Viewed 525 times
003.JPG
003.JPG (125.94 KiB) Viewed 525 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: amazing bank pickup, PART ONE!

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Great story! i''m sure there are several folks here including myself that could use a bunch of Georges. Save those old wrappers. I may try to talk you out of those as well. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 pm

The EOW strikes again.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:46 pm

great score to be thankful for
dakota1955

Postby CardsNCoins » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Thogey wrote:The EOW strikes again.

I love hearing Thogey tell a good piledriving story.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I can just hear the old broad now, bitching at the guy on his deathbed. "why the hell did you hoard those stupid canadin pennys? You moron!"

He was laying there dying and felt like he was waiting in line for the best ice cream cone ever made.

He got his ice cream and she got, PENNIES!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I have tears in my eyes.......
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Thogeyisms --
old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

What the hell is wrong with these women? No wonder the man wants to die first.

and
The proverbial elderly old widow who just finished pile driving her old man into the grave. He's happy to be there too. But since she is all-knowing, as all these old bats are, and he was totally broken and emasculated, her final act of victory was to take his collection to the bank. Same old story....

And --
Same old story. Most of us have benifited and picked up someone's hard earned booty.

It's always the "all knowing, never wrong" widow who just drove the old man into the grave, he's glad to be there too.

The old broad cashed in his coins at face. Same old story.

And
... believe the oldman is/ was a moron!. I'll bet he is the happiest he's ever been. No matter where his soul is. Congrats. We should start an "elderly old widow just threw her late (yet happy) husbands coin collection away and now I'm happy "thread I absolutely LOVE picking these up!

and --
The elderly old widow left another present. She's still wondering why that stupid old bastard kept those coins for the past 45 years.

and--
... any of the silver....they shared amongst themselves the treasure. They wouldn't even sell me the pennies. Correction: It was an "all knowing Elderly old widow" who just finished pile driving her(idiot coin collecting)r husband into the grave

and--
You did the right thing but..... I'll do this again: Typical story describing the elderly old broad ,who effing nailed his coffin shut, because she had nothing better to do. He was an idiot, hanging on to those coins when he could have just just taken them to the ...

and--
... she asked. Most of us score cheap PM's at garage sales all the time. Are we ripping people off? Hell I've walked right up behind the all knowing, elderly-old widow and bought her, happily dead husband's coins from the bank teller at face.

and
If I saw a clueless kid in line to depost silver I would give him the info before I bought them. But, the elderly old widow who made her husband miserable and finally put him in the ground with her constant bitching and know it all attitude?.......those ...

They had another $20.00 of the elderly old widow's, (happily) dead husband's, hoard waiting for me at my pickup.
My name was written on the box with a sharpie.

Solid copper with 2 rolls of wheats and 9-1943s.

That's nice.

and--
When scoring the all-knowing, elderly. old widow's dead (happily) husband's hoard..

Is it possible there is a ghost attached?

and--
Tellers said they would call when old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

What the hell is wrong with these women? No wonder the man wants to die first.

I can just hear the old broad now, bitching at the guy on his deathbed. "why the hell did you hoard those stupid canadin pennys? You moron!"

He was laying there dying and felt like he was waiting in line for the best ice cream cone ever made.

He got his ice cream and she got, PENNIES!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 am

None of my banks take CRW. :(

Congratulations on a GREAT pickup, though! :clap:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Great story! i''m sure there are several folks here including myself that could use a bunch of Georges. Save those old wrappers. I may try to talk you out of those as well. :mrgreen:
chit! already trashed a few. got 4 rolls I havent opened. PM me your address and Ill send ya the wrappers no charge!(didnt know anyone liked em!)
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm

penny pretty wrote:anyone need some georges?

I'm looking for an affordable 1923 and 1925. They are the two "key" dates of the George V small cents.

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Save those old wrappers. I may try to talk you out of those as well. :mrgreen:

PM me your address and I will send you some too. But then I want to see pics of your collection!
uthminsta

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing