Opinions on Cummins Jetsort 1760

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Opinions on Cummins Jetsort 1760

Postby NHsorter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 am

I am wondering how much it might cost me to get something reliable to sort out and count mixed bags of change that I can get weekly off of a lobby counter. Saw this on craigslist but I don't know what good price is or what to look out for when buying/choosing. Any input would be great!

copied from ad:
Cummins Model 1760 (serial # 1383) Jetsort digital coin counter. Floor model with key (see picture). Used, but works beautifully. I have been using it for 4 years. Don't have manual, but you really don't need it. It didn't have one when I bought it, and it took me all of 10 minutes to figure it out.

Has chutes for four bags for (4) different denominations (cent, nickel, dime, and quarter). Half dollars and dollars are automatically dropped into separate metal bins. No need to sort or count. This machine does BOTH. Cost over $4,000 when new. Am asking $450 or best offer. Have changed business focus and don't need it any longer. Prefer cash only.
Weighs aprx 79 lbs. You must take it away (first floor, easy load out). Call for appt (but pics are accurate). 508-943-6570, Ask for Paul
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Opinions on Cummins Jetsort 1760

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 am

That jetsort is SUPER OLD! I would say from the 90's. (which is old in the coin sorting world)

I am not sure about this particular model of jetsort but they can sort very fast. They are super fast machines, but they have a huge downfall. The jetsorts of machined heads that cost $1000-$1500 per head. The dimes and the penny slots wear the fastest so if the machine has much use on it then you are looking at a big expensive right off the bat!

Also $450 seems expensive when you can buy an updated model that is brand new for around $4-6k.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Opinions on Cummins Jetsort 1760

Postby fasteddy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:04 am

highroller4321 wrote:updated model that is brand new for around $4-6k
...and that is why you are "highroller"
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing