December Roll Finds - Teen Wheats and Israel

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

December Roll Finds - Teen Wheats and Israel

Postby DuckTales253 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:18 pm

The past few weeks of sorting cents was pretty consistent with my record so far: about 25% copper with maybe 10-20 of those were wheats. The wheats are almost always 1944 or something from the 1950s. But this time I came across one you don't see too often: a 1918-D ! Not a valuable coin by any means, but pretty cool to find one from the teens, and with a mint mark at that. It was in really nice condition, too!

I came across another wheat from the teens. It is pretty worn, I can see the 191- but can't make out the last digit. I think it is 1919.

My third unusual find from the rolls was a first for my coin collection: an Israel agora. To be specific, a 5 agorat coin. Most of the writing is in Hebrew, so I don't know the date, but according to Wikipedia, Israel ceased production on the 1 agora coin in 1991 and the 5 agorat in 2008 due to production costs being greater than its value (sound familiar U.S.A.?)
Attachments
israel5.jpg
israel5.jpg (68.14 KiB) Viewed 298 times
teen-wheats-obv.jpg
teen-wheats-obv.jpg (85.33 KiB) Viewed 298 times
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Re: December Roll Finds - Teen Wheats and Israel

Postby spacemanX » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:53 pm

always good to find a teen wheat, esp one with a mint mark. don't find too many early mintmarks.
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: December Roll Finds - Teen Wheats and Israel

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Very nice finds! :clap: Congrats.... :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing