Comparative value of common wheats vs. King George VI's?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Comparative value of common wheats vs. King George VI's?

Postby pennypicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Newbie here who has taken a liking to Canadian cu's. I know that common wheats brings about 4 cents each but after looking at several ebay listings I'm having a little difficulty in ascertaining the auction value for common King George VI's which I believe were minted from 1937 to 1952. Initially I assumed common wheats and King George VI's to be of equal value but perhaps the George's are worth more because they were produced in far lesser quantities. Thanks for any help guys, Don.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Comparative value of common wheats vs. King George VI's?

Postby CanadianNickle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:44 am

I think they're worth more than wheats. Wheats are dull.
CanadianNickle

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Let's get some info from our favorite neighbors from the north. I could use some info, too, on the value of both Georges! Can we get a little Canadian help please.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:52 pm

I found a website yesterday that puts the full retail value of average circulated, common date George V's at .25 cents and George VI's at .05 cents. But the wholesale auction value???
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 pm

There is an auction of George VI cents currently running on this site. Perhaps that will set the value. While the #'s produced are much lower than wheats, so is the demand. I have some BVI coins with extremely low mintages, but since there is not much of a demand for them, they don't have much value. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby goodcents » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:58 pm

I always enjoyed the George VI's and the Doves.
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing