Found 2nd indian head

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Found 2nd indian head

Postby frburk » Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm

so far i have searched thru approx $800 in pennies and found second indian head penny! First was 1903, 2nd is 1865. Also have found many canadians, 2 from Panama, 1 from Bahamas, and around 350 wheats! Got $500 worth of pennies ordered for next week. Also want to note that this indian, 1915D and 1918S was found in ZINCS. I love my Ryedale, but seems that wheats in the teens and indians goes in zinc pile. So i do a quick search thru zincs every time. I love reading about what others find, so please continue to post your finds. :)
frburk

Re: Found 2nd indian head

Postby duane1966 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm

On your first sort run a zinc accept, this will put the early wheats and Indians in with the coppers. Rerun the coppers and they will be in with the rejects which might include dimes and the few mistakes that the ryedale makes. I have gone thru lots of zincs after sorting this way and have never found an early wheat in them and only rarely a copper. I no longer go thru my zincs or rerun them because its just not worth my time.
PS- go to the tracking tread if you enjoy reading about what other people are finding
duane1966
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hags » Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

duane1966 wrote:On your first sort run a zinc accept, this will put the early wheats and Indians in with the coppers. Rerun the coppers and they will be in with the rejects which might include dimes and the few mistakes that the ryedale makes. I have gone thru lots of zincs after sorting this way and have never found an early wheat in them and only rarely a copper. I no longer go thru my zincs or rerun them because its just not worth my time.
PS- go to the tracking tread if you enjoy reading about what other people are finding

My first run is high sensitivity zinc accept and hand sort the zincs after. I've found 13 indians and 13 early wheats after 604,200 zincs hand sorted, so they don't all end up in the coppers.
My second run is high sensitivity cooper accept and hand sort the rejects and coppers after. In the rejects I've found 1,414 zincs, 0 indians, 94 early wheats and 181 late wheats along with some Canadian copper after hand sorting 1,841 rejects.
Hand sorted accepted coppers have yielded 6 indians, 742 early wheats, 5,707 late wheats, and 2,411 Canadian coppers...along with the 343,000 memorial coppers...
My OCD has me hand sorting the zincs until I reach 1 million hand searched, after that I intend to just dump them...or maybe a quick fan search and then just dump them....With the time involved to search thru the zincs, I'd be better off just buying the indians and early wheats that I'd like to own.

hags
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Postby frburk » Thu May 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks for the responses....thats why this website is so great, all the info that is willingfully shared to novices like me :D
frburk

Postby crbattery » Thu May 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Turn the sensitivity up on your zinc accept until all your IHs reject, then run copper accept with sensitivity all the way down. My most zincy copper coin is actually a 36 Canadian cent. Best done with two ryedales. Its a pain getting it set just right so it doesn't reject all zincs on first run. Check out Ryedale Amusement Park on you tube. That's my setup, empty the zinc accept pail and copper accept pail and then rerun the copper rejects through both again and hand sort the cooper rejects and zinc accept.
crbattery

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing