Penny thoughts

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Penny thoughts

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Pulled up this article on Yahoo today:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-rall ... 35344.html

I see articles like this, either pro-gold or against holding it, a lot. I seldom, if ever, see comments about stacking copper. Funny, but people are dying in the attempt to steal it for the scrap value. Gee, people die for many other reasons too. Sometimes they get killed over paper money. I digress. I am feeling more and more confident about stacking copper everyday. The only constraint I run into is where to store it. I am not worried about the value of it. Now, if I had gold, well, I might be studying options more on how to hedge it in price fluctuation.

A close relative of mine is approaching legal retirement age to start withdrawing money at the age 59.5 point. I suggested they take the cash out of the IRA periodically and convert to hard asset copper cents. Not so much to make it a tax bite hassle, but enough to move away from keeping electronic/paper form of it, subject to who knows what the future could do. Wish there was a bank that could store your holdings in copper form and you'd have all the standard offerings every bank or IRA custodian could offer.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing