Strange Box LP4's

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Strange Box LP4's

Postby Slaphot » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 pm

I picked up a box of cents at my local bank and they were machine wraped rolls with a plain brown wrapper. 43 of the rolls have brand new 2009 LP4's showing on at least one side. They are all BU!!! I opened one roll with two coppers showing at the ends and there were 38 BU 2009-P LP4's in mint condition and a mix of circulated zincs and coppers. I weighed each roll and they range from 126.2 to 142.5 grams. I just started getting boxes, I used to only get CWR. So I'm not sure how this happend? Is this normall? And what do you think I should do with them. Sell as is? Or open, sort, and sell the LP4's?.

Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Strange Box LP4's

Postby linkster » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Which bank in the burgh did you get them at? I got the same box yesterday from PNC Southland near century III mall on RT 51. I think I got 950 BU LP4 and the rest were 85% copper. Any others in District 4 or Pittsburgh finding these? Also ended up getting 10 wheats and about 10 canadians including one George VI 1940. Also wher do you dump so I dont go there :mrgreen:
linkster

Postby slvrbck » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:15 am

woah. . . a couple a burghers here ehh. Havnt seen any boxes like this yet. I travel between houses in whitehall and natrona heights frequently and work dahntahn buying boxes the whole way. Dump frequently at Pgh mills PNC and 1st commonwealth along w/ a few others, so stay away. lol, Cool to know theres a few others around. Get them coppers before i do. Go pens/stillers!
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby Slaphot » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:01 am

I got the box at PNC on Rt. 8 in Hampton. I buy rolls and boxes all over included Natrona Heights. My dump bank is PNC in McIntyre Square on McKnight road. I have been finding alot of wheaties as of late. Last week I found 23 in one roll :D
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing