Ebay Bloopers: The Lost Episodes

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ebay Bloopers: The Lost Episodes

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 am

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Ebay Bloopers: The Lost Episodes

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 am

Looks like a good deal to me. For $11.50 you will get one wheat penny and 49 copper pennies worth about .70 cents at best.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby LooseChange » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 am

I like the 4 photos from 4 different angles of the same end. It's at least 4 times more convincing than the other "wheat-ender" rolls for sale.
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:43 pm

The one thing I will say is: at least this is probably a TRUE unsearched roll.

So in some ways it is better than many eBay rolls.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 pm

barrytrot wrote:The one thing I will say is: at least this is probably a TRUE unsearched roll.

So in some ways it is better than many eBay rolls.

This guy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=350 ... c=50&rt=nc

You gotta wonder how someone can find estates with so many rolls of coins that some recluse stashed away with semi-key dates on the ends? Why isn't there a reality show based on these estate hunters finding all these amazing rolls? LOL.

Just for the heck of it, seems that setting aside cent rolls that have a wheatback or Canadian on their end(s) might be a fine pastime for Ebay auctions down the road. Who knows, those rolls may go for high $$ about 50 years from now if there is still an Ebay then.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:41 pm

ah you can buy a device that crimps rolls... just sayin I wouldnt touch that seller.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 am

penny pretty wrote:ah you can buy a device that crimps rolls... just sayin I wouldnt touch that seller.

Would it be out of the question to say that most of the unsearched roll buyers are newbies and do not tabulate the actual value of coins in the rolls vs. what they pay for them? I think these rolls are salted with coins that the seller amortizes into the auction starting price(s). I guess we all could get into this act. Sigh.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 am

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:29 pm

I've seen these kind of auctions before..but obviously never have bought one... I am just curious what you would get with it. Is is literally just one wheat cent, are the rest CU or Zincolns?

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 am

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:I've seen these kind of auctions before..but obviously never have bought one... I am just curious what you would get with it. Is is literally just one wheat cent, are the rest CU or Zincolns?

-The Great

I think most get a bunch of common date wheatbacks or some IHCs along with the front-running end coin. Ebay loses my interest some weeks. I gave up looking for junk silver on it long ago. Finding Canadian coins are raked over with outrageous opening bid prices or get overbids for common date non-Ag coins. I am thinking that why bother buying anything new and hot right now anyway. Wait a good number of years and you can get stuff for a lot less.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing