Hang on to your CTUs

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Hang on to your CTUs

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:55 pm

http://www.psmag.com/environment/the-ne ... ore-60868/

The New Bronze Age
Worries about oil and gas hog the airwaves. But copper is also essential to keep the world running: It threads through your house, your computer, your eco-correct hybrid car. And it’s getting just as difficult, expensive, and environmentally menacing as oil to extract. We have entered the era of tough ore.

More...
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Hang on to your CTUs

Postby sparechange » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Great and informative article. Thanks
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Good read. Doesn't Michigan still have lots of copper?

When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:54 pm

JUST read that on coinflation last night! dont know how to put links in, or I would have. great article!! Also as opposition to ANY mining heats up,(Im in NY amidst the fracking debate, folks want their heat and AC, but dont want the well in their backyard!) It will get costlier to get the ore out of the ground.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 am

That's interesting. I was wondering about copper, but I suppose its the same as any other limited resource.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Great article, thanks. Also, the article references this blog about the Bingham Landslide that has very impressive photos: http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/bi ... slide.html
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:13 am

penny pretty wrote:JUST read that on coinflation last night! dont know how to put links in, or I would have.

Just copy and paste the url. There's another way to make it look nicer, but that will work.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby everything » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Little bit of sensationalism. Here are a few Wiki tidbits. More than 95% of all copper ever mined and smelted has been extracted since 1900. World production of copper in 1950 was only 1/8 of what it was today. It's big business, but obviously, by the size of these holes in the ground, that copper is plentiful, just that everything costs more.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:07 pm

without copper oil and gas are useless. :thumbup:

you have to believe that they are running into the law of diminishing returns with mining copper. it is probably more expensive to mine it with the markets the way they are. p.s. china is sitting on a huge stockpile of copper and I doubt they ever sell it to the west.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing