Been away for a while.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Been away for a while.

Postby biglouddrunk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I have not been to the message board in a couple years, so I got a couple questions.

Give the end of the Canadian penny what effect has that had on the price they sell for on ebay? Somebody here used to pay 2 cents per shipped.

Also have any other ebay sellers notice copper Lincolns have been selling well lately? I've been getting 1.6 per plus shipping. If they are selling better what has it been exposure, it's certainly not the price of copper doing it.
biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Been away for a while.

Postby Z00 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 pm

If you are getting 1.6, take the money and run.

An adult human body consists of 206 bones; over 90% are in the hands and feet.

The message here ?... Grab the money and run!
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverflake » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:32 pm

WHoa, dude. I wish I read this sooner. I just posted a new thread asking the same thing. To all the Realcenters out there - sorry for the duplication.

Welcome back though.

Keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 am

biglouddrunk wrote:.......Also have any other ebay sellers notice copper Lincolns have been selling well lately? I've been getting 1.6 per plus shipping. If they are selling better what has it been exposure, it's certainly not the price of copper doing it.

I do not sell my copper, but I do keep a watchful eye on eBay to see how sales are going, and I have not seen this.

My search this morning shows the top 12 sales as being $159.99 to $164.99 and all 12 offered free shipping. Then there is a drop to sales of $145.00 + $14.95 shipping.

My examples are for $100/68 pound lots. What face value (or poundage) are you selling that you are getting 1.6 plus shipping?

Just as an FYI, even 1.6 + shipping only nets you 1.38 after fees. And 1.6 + free shipping only nets you 1.28 after fees.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:14 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
biglouddrunk wrote:.......Also have any other ebay sellers notice copper Lincolns have been selling well lately? I've been getting 1.6 per plus shipping. If they are selling better what has it been exposure, it's certainly not the price of copper doing it.

I do not sell my copper, but I do keep a watchful eye on eBay to see how sales are going, and I have not seen this.

My search this morning shows the top 12 sales as being $159.99 to $164.99 and all 12 offered free shipping. Then there is a drop to sales of $145.00 + $14.95 shipping.

My examples are for $100/68 pound lots. What face value (or poundage) are you selling that you are getting 1.6 plus shipping?

Just as an FYI, even 1.6 + shipping only nets you 1.38 after fees. And 1.6 + free shipping only nets you 1.28 after fees.

That is precisely why I do not sell my coppers. I am happy to wait.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby biglouddrunk » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 am

I guess I must have been lucky. I make a little more than 1.38 because I have the power seller discount. I figured it to be about 1.45 cent per. Sometime I offer the person some cents off ebay and will sell them for 1.5 per.
biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 am

As I have proven several times in the past, I'm not the one to be doin' the math (TY Engineer and others). $1.38 and $1.45 per what, per pound? I couldn't imagine, selling my CTUs for that kind of profit. Not why I'm into the sorting, why others have dropped the idea as a get rich scheme, and give us the opportunity to pick up their Rydale's on the cheap.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:36 pm

its not dollars it is a multiplier...as in 1.6 multiplied by face...for every cent they are getting 1.6 cents gross, fees come out of that and end up about 1.38 - 1.45 x face. Waiting for the 2 x face to happen again. :thumbup: may be a while though so keep sortin'.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing