Nothing But Zinc

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Nothing But Zinc

Postby Shifty51 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 pm

I haven't bought a box in a few years, but I have picked up two boxes in the past two days and both boxes were all 2015's. The reserve must be shipping them out in droves!!
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Nothing But Zinc

Postby J_Dodge » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 am

Shifty

The last time I tried to get pennies - I got the same thing - shiney new 2015s. I have quizzed the tellers - they tell me all the boxed coin they get is new. I haven't been able to get dimes for the last 5 months - same reason. Nickels are ok (from the stacking perspective).

JD
J_Dodge
Penny Collector Member

Postby Shifty51 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Found a bank and an awesome service manger who sold me a bag from their machine today and told me anytime they have a bag available it's mine if I want it. Finally some copper and hopefully some wheats.
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Shifty51 wrote:Found a bank and an awesome service manger who sold me a bag from their machine today and told me anytime they have a bag available it's mine if I want it. Finally some copper and hopefully some wheats.

That's great! Good for you and here's hoping for good finds
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Shifty51 wrote:Found a bank and an awesome service manger who sold me a bag from their machine today and told me anytime they have a bag available it's mine if I want it. Finally some copper and hopefully some wheats.

Be Sure an do the dump at a different bank, or at least different branch :shifty:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Mr Paradise » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 am

I had a longtime Chase pick up bank that for the last year got nothing but new so had to make the switch to a different branch and have been getting nothing but high percentage boxes since. The last box I picked up netted 33% Cu's plus about 10 wheats and about 30 canuck keepers.
Mr Paradise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Fort Knox Federal Credit union was giving me nothing but new zincs... I lost interest and stopped getting them
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing