First Time For Me To Get.......

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

First Time For Me To Get.......

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:18 pm

First time for me to get what I think you call a "dirty roll". It had 38 nice shiny, clean 2010 Shield Pennies and the other 12 coins in the plastic sleeve (BWR) were dirty coins with no Cu pennies in the roll at all. Not even a 1982 penny.

I've been sorting since July, 2008, and have been posting on here since September, 2008 and this was first for me.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Re: First Time For Me To Get.......

Postby chris6084 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Yup, those are dirty rolls. Kind of frustrating when you have a whole box of them with 1 or 2 'dirty' coins per roll, just so you cant try to resell the box. :)
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Just think, in 10 to 15 years this will be the norm. :cry:
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:10 pm

I routinely get rolls that have only 3 cu's in them....I have grown used to it. :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 am

Some of us take those "dirty rolls" and remanufacture them as pure rolls. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby PreservingThePast » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Some of us take those "dirty rolls" and remanufacture them as pure rolls. :mrgreen:

I took my nice, shiny, clean 38 Shield Pennies and placed them ever so gently into my pretty jar I have for that purpose. :D

I have come across so few of these pennies in nice condition that I still marvel at finding them and want to store them in a pretty jar so I can enjoy looking at them.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. I know I do! :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing