Newbie sorter moving up

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Newbie sorter moving up

Postby Chief » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I started sorting copper pennies about 3 months ago. Within my first $200 in string boxes I found a 1907 IH. I was getting fed up with handsorting (just so much time for one $25 box). I ordered a Ryedale and it arrived yesterday. Oh my God, what a difference. I was able to sort $100 in about 30 minutes. Right now I am picking up $300 in string boxes a week, but hopefully more in the future. The real problem will be dumping those damn zincs! I also found a 1929 Canadian penny. Anyone know what it is worth? Keep up the sorting out there guys, but leave some coppers for me! ;)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Newbie sorter moving up

Postby pennypicker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm

A 1929 Canadian penny in average circulated condition is worth about .10 to .15 cents on ebay--It's a very common date from that series.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing