What the heck is this?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

What the heck is this?

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/75-Copper-Bullion-1 ... 4cf654d19c

Is anyone crazy enough to pay this shipping?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What the heck is this?

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:02 pm

It is because of guys like this that feebay changed their policy and starting on April 19th they are going to charge the final value fee on shipping also.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh I see...
Interesting...
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm

NDFarmer wrote:It is because of guys like this that feebay changed their policy and starting on April 19th they are going to charge the final value fee on shipping also.

That's right. People like this have been circumventing the seller fees and saving a lot of money for a long time now. As a result we sellers now have to pay the price by being charged 9% to 12% on our shipping fees. :cry:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 pm

a listing violation, just reported it myself.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:a listing violation, just reported it myself.

I doesn't do any good to report it. I have reported several sellers that regularly do this kind of thing and feebay doesn't do anything about it. The sellers continue doing it. I think feebay is so greedy they would rather get a small fee than no fee if they suspended the account.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby VWBEAMER » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:34 am

They banned me, and pulled my auctions before. So I think it does do good.

I have auctions pulled for "keyword spamming" and an auction pulled for selling a DirecTV dish and not being a DirecTV dealer. I was banned for two weeks IIRC way back when I had the bright idea of selling feedback. :lol:
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

NDFarmer wrote:
VWBEAMER wrote:a listing violation, just reported it myself.

I doesn't do any good to report it. I have reported several sellers that regularly do this kind of thing and feebay doesn't do anything about it. The sellers continue doing it. I think feebay is so greedy they would rather get a small fee than no fee if they suspended the account.

NDFarmer is correct. I too have reported several people playing the same game and ebay did absolutely nothing and the auctions ran their course. I knew it was just a matter of time until ebay made a policy change to eliminate these losses.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jasmatk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:I was banned for two weeks IIRC way back when I had the bright idea of selling feedback. :lol:

I did the same thing sold about 20 positive feedbacks before they cought on I didnt get suspended though they just pulled the auction :lol:
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:They banned me, and pulled my auctions before. So I think it does do good.

I have auctions pulled for "keyword spamming" and an auction pulled for selling a DirecTV dish and not being a DirecTV dealer. I was banned for two weeks IIRC way back when I had the bright idea of selling feedback. :lol:

Selling feedback! Classic! :lol:
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing