first quarter ton put away!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

first quarter ton put away!

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 pm

I just realized I have 500 lbs of copper cents in the basement hoard! Ill let you know when I get to 1k :D
got a Ryedale less than 3 months ago Diggin
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: first quarter ton put away!

Postby VWBEAMER » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Sweet!
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby PennyPauper » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 pm

The first ton is the hardest.After you perfect your game,they come much easier.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 am

No matter how many tons you have.. there is always room to perfect your game a little more. Congrats on a good start. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby DJS » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am

? for you all with the auto sorters. How exactly do they work, do they separate the wheats, etc. or is it just simply separating the coppers from the zincs.
DJS

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 am

DJS wrote:? for you all with the auto sorters. How exactly do they work.

Pretty good!

Alas, they do not sort out the wheats. That requires an optical sorter and proper feed system.. which is under long term development between me and a good friend of mine who is also a member here. Right now I just leave the wheats in the copper pile.. that is what most buyers prefer anyway. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HPMBTT » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 pm

A quarter ton, eh? Nice. :) Just make sure your hoard is on the bottom floor (or basement). Not sure if the floorboards would hold if you were upstairs and your coppers were stacked in a tiny area.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I use one gallon salad dressing containers (35 lbs) and they shake the floor upstairs when I plop one down...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Pachucko » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:I use one gallon salad dressing containers (35 lbs) and they shake the floor upstairs when I plop one down...

How much floor space for your quarter ton??
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby MichaelOnion » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:44 am

Diggin4copper wrote:
I use one gallon salad dressing containers (35 lbs) and they shake the floor upstairs when I plop one down...

Do the pennies smell like salad dressing? If you ever sell them that might be a nice selling point :lol:
MichaelOnion
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:54 am

Pachucko wrote:
Diggin4copper wrote:I use one gallon salad dressing containers (35 lbs) and they shake the floor upstairs when I plop one down...

I have an old metal cabinet that holds 4x3 gallon containers.. 425 lbs per level.. 42 containers to go..Im not going to stack more than 3 high.. need to start thinking about another system.. need square containers... what to do....
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:
Pachucko wrote:

I have an old metal cabinet that holds 4x3 gallon containers.. 425 lbs per level.. 42 containers to go..Im not going to stack more than 3 high.. need to start thinking about another system.. need square containers... what to do....

Start diggin a tunnel over towards your neighbor's house. Fill it with coppers, too. By the time it gets full, you can buy your neighbor's house, tear down the wall between his basement and your freshly dug tunnel and fill the new basement. Repeat as necessary until you own all the houses in your neighborhood.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing