Jar of Copper

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Jar of Copper

Postby coincrazy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:15 am

Was offered a jar of pennies at work the other day. For some reason people have been collecting them at their desks. $6.50 for the jar after a round of negotiations. ;)

After some sorting last night found $3 of copper cents + 4 wheat cents. 1919S rough

$1.50 in dimes HAHA

And probably 2-3 more dollars in zinc.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Jar of Copper

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

So this means that everyone knows you are a copper collector. Do they also know your home address? :!: :?:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

I've got 6 co-workers saving me their pennies. Whenever they bring 'em in, I just count 'em up and pay up. They think I'm nuts....and they're right! I've gotten a couple of decent copper results and few nice wheats and canadians. It opens the door to more copper. It's a networking deal. Since then, through one of my co-workers, I landed myself one of the big water jugs half-full! Had lots of copper and wheats! You never know what connection you going to make!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coincrazy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:30 pm

No one knows my address or has been to my home. They don't even know my reasons just that I would exchange paper notes for their change was easier than rolling them themselves or spending them. There are just tons of pennies floating around in there for some reason like they are in competitions to have bigger penny jars but they are doing it out of boredom and not because of copper content or dates.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NashuaSolstice » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 pm

coincrazy wrote:No one knows my address or has been to my home. They don't even know my reasons just that I would exchange paper notes for their change was easier than rolling them themselves or spending them. There are just tons of pennies floating around in there for some reason like they are in competitions to have bigger penny jars but they are doing it out of boredom and not because of copper content or dates.

thats a great idea!
NashuaSolstice
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Somnophore » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 pm

I do the same here in the UK. Just say I use it as a way of saving up that I won't spend when I'm short of money as it's a hassle. Lots of people just want rid of 1p and 2p coins, I've bought a jar of coins for £10 that has £23 I'm coins in, people are just lazy and can't be bothered to take them to a coinstar and are bad at estimating the amount of coins in a jar.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 pm

I shared a room with one of my co-workers at a cannery a few years back who was constantly whining about not having money for beer and cigarettes, and finally left. He did not clean out his dresser. I looked through it, and found enough money for a case of beer and carton (not pack, "carton") of cigarettes, all in change. Change was not money as far as he was concerned.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing