New to this board, hello!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New to this board, hello!

Postby Barter-Trader » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm new here, not sure what the rules are yet so I will wait before I post to much, but I have my own Medallion per my user name, you can google me and find my site Barter "-" Trader

I also have some pre 82 pennies for sale.

Thanks,

Bill
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Re: New to this board, hello!

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Barter-Trader wrote:I'm new here, not sure what the rules are yet so I will wait before I post to much, but I have my own Medallion per my user name, you can google me and find my site Barter "-" Trader

Thanks,

Bill

Welcome. You'll find it a friendly place.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Barter-Trader » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Barter-Trader wrote:I'm new here, not sure what the rules are yet so I will wait before I post to much, but I have my own Medallion per my user name, you can google me and find my site Barter "-" Trader

Thanks,

Bill

Welcome. You'll find it a friendly place.

Thanks! Nice to get off on a friendly start... I love PHP forums... If they need any help in updating let me know, I also do web design.

Bill
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Welcome Bill! You'll find this a great place to learn, buy, swap, sell and even shoot the breeze. I've been here around 2 months now, and have encountered nothing but genuine, decent people. Not a jerk or troll among them. Sincerely, enjoy Realcent!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NashuaSolstice » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome, Bill.
NashuaSolstice
Penny Sorter Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 am

Welcome to the boards Bill. No rules to really speak of other than just being civil. :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:44 am

I'm somewhat new myself, but welcome none the less.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

:D Welcome to a Great forum we have fun. :D

read the stickeys to catchup on the few rules
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Barter-Trader » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

WOW, thanks everyone... I heard about this site from some new and old friends. I do hand sort for my GF because she just loves it, we did purchase a RYEDALE SNIPER and just got it yesterday to speed up some. But my main interest is moving my own Copper Medallion for my local Commodity Money with alliance to Northern Colorado Community Barter who just sold 300 at the Freedom Fest last week! We are working on some legal mumbo jumbo stuff to get this so business can accept as Commodity Money and use through out our commodity. If anyone would like to contribute with knowledge about this subject it would be most appreciated.

I also love to Metal Detect, here I am on http://www.youtube.com/user/treasurefindermd

I'm also doing Web Design and going to school, just got laid of last week from my job.

Ok, so nice here in NC I'm going to a old tobacco mill I found and do some metal detecting, talk to you guys and gals later.

Thanks again for the nice intro,

Bill
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 am

pennypicker wrote:Welcome to the boards Bill. No rules to really speak of other than just being civil. :D

HEY, love the dog avatar lol...
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby csb3tennessee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Welcome aboard, Bill! While I personally don't post a lot, I do enjoy reading others' comments and there is certainly a lot of useful info that you can pick up here. Have fun!
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 pm

<<HEY, love the dog avatar lol...>>

His name is "Killer" and he protects my hoard. :D

"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 am

csb3tennessee wrote:Welcome aboard, Bill! While I personally don't post a lot, I do enjoy reading others' comments and there is certainly a lot of useful info that you can pick up here. Have fun!

Thanks, please post some lol.
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 am

pennypicker wrote:<<HEY, love the dog avatar lol...>>

His name is "Killer" and he protects my hoard. :D

Nice, my GF has a chiuaua dog, funny zhit!
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

FYI, just posted some of my Medallions with SIlver and some copper coins to eBay which streams to my Barter-Trader site, check it out!

Thanks

Bill
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby csb3tennessee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Barter-Trader wrote:
csb3tennessee wrote:Welcome aboard, Bill! While I personally don't post a lot, I do enjoy reading others' comments and there is certainly a lot of useful info that you can pick up here. Have fun!

Say- I notice that you are in NC? Man, that's God's country! I'm in north Alabama, but one of my passions is hiking, so I usually make it up to the
Bryson City or Fontana area a couple of times a month (though gas prices are really hindering me some lately) to hike along the NC side of the Smokies- terrain is MUCH more difficult than the TN side, so you don't run in to as many folks out in the backcountry. Really nice place to unwind!

Again- welcome. I've found the folks here to be extremely cordial and very, very, helpful!
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Welcome to the fun! I, too, can't help but get out the old metal detector. Almost as fun as searching rolls/boxes/bags!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:05 pm

I bought a tube of your rounds right here on the forum very nice rounds.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 pm

csb3tennessee wrote:
Barter-Trader wrote:

Say- I notice that you are in NC? Man, that's God's country! I'm in north Alabama, but one of my passions is hiking, so I usually make it up to the
Bryson City or Fontana area a couple of times a month (though gas prices are really hindering me some lately) to hike along the NC side of the Smokies- terrain is MUCH more difficult than the TN side, so you don't run in to as many folks out in the backcountry. Really nice place to unwind!

Again- welcome. I've found the folks here to be extremely cordial and very, very, helpful!

Nice, Yes the Appalachian trail, hike it for a short period, love Maggie Valley go there every fall... Stay at the best camp site in the world lol, TurkeyCreek.com, let me know next time you go out, but I have to say I'm addicted to Metal Detecting, see my youtube.com/TreasureFinderMD channel! going to the beach in a few weeks, cant wait last time I went I found so many items and the sand is so easy to dig in!

Bill
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Barter-Trader » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm

justj2k78 wrote:Welcome Bill! You'll find this a great place to learn, buy, swap, sell and even shoot the breeze. I've been here around 2 months now, and have encountered nothing but genuine, decent people. Not a jerk or troll among them. Sincerely, enjoy Realcent!

thats a plus and hard to find at times!

OT... Silver rocked today, but people don't understand that Copper will do the same in about a year!?
Barter-Trader
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Verbane » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 am

Barter-Trader wrote:WOW, thanks everyone... I heard about this site from some new and old friends.

Welcome! Glad to see you joined.
I met Bill about 2 weeks ago, on a FTF trade. We talked in the Walmart parking lot for almost two hours.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing