JUst got my ryedale -very frustrated

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

JUst got my ryedale -very frustrated

Postby Sundevil4life » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:21 pm

I just got my ryedale today, so I thought I would take it for a test run. Between the machine jamming every 30 seconds, or the pennies (both coppers and zincs) coming out in to the same bucket, I am extremely frustrated, I used this think for an 1 1/2 and got through 6 bucks of coins. Am I missing something here??
Sundevil4life

Re: JUst got my ryedale -very frustrated

Postby Corsair » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Do you have it lubed up? Are all of the wires snug?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Sundevil4life wrote:I just got my ryedale today, so I thought I would take it for a test run. Between the machine jamming every 30 seconds, or the pennies (both coppers and zincs) coming out in to the same bucket, I am extremely frustrated, I used this think for an 1 1/2 and got through 6 bucks of coins. Am I missing something here??

I just got mine too, I had the same bugs in mine. I'm sorting all I can get my hands on now.

How I fixed mine. Take all the trash out (sifting), lubricate it liberally. I also changed out the compare coin. It jams very easily with trash, but has gotten better and faster each time i sort. I think it takes a few hundred dollars to break in.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 am

Welcome to realcent. Like your user id by the way...
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm

just ran 300$ through the Apprentice during the Talladega race...It helps to reduce the crud factor...gunked, bent, sticky cents are all culprits for a jam...Insure your SnP(the doodad that shoots out the cents down the slide) is lubricated along with the slide being lubed..I use a silicone spray on the slide and wipe off the excess. Good Luck and welcome to the craziness.

Crap, anybody but Jimmy...
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Snake42 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 pm

It takes a little bit to work out all of the kinks. Do you have the screw turned all the way to the left on the comparator?
Snake42
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing