Rent a Ryedale? - And Fake Ryedales

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Rent a Ryedale? - And Fake Ryedales

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 pm

If you could rent a Ryedale by the day or for the week from someone locally, would you do it? How much would you be willing to rent it for per day or for the week? Would you be willing to put down a $300-500 deposit? What if you could do the same through USPS? Would you be willing to pay a one time $15-20 shipping cost?
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Re: Rent a Ryedale?

Postby fasteddy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes I would. I would send a deposit of course. I would not expect the deposit returned unless the owner of the unit agreed that it was returned in good working condition. I would also not mind the expense in shipping. I would also pay by the week one $25 box of copper cents for the privilege of renting said unit. And if the owner had a coin counter I would rent that also. But there is so much trust involved here...may not be worth the hassle...buy it from Andy use it then sell it.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 pm

I would consider it once every 6 months or so just to sort the '82 cents, but it would have to be from someone within a reasonable driving distance. Pick up on a Friday, return by Sunday kind of thing.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 am

Or how about a simple drop off service? You drop off your unsorted pennies and pick them up the following day. Only when you pick them up, you get the coppers in a bag and the zinc ones wrapped in rolls (minus a small service fee, of course). Thoughts?
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby tinhorn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 am

Anyone who could afford a huge deposit could afford to buy a Ryedale. $500 is twenty boxes. At 25%, that's 85 pounds of copper I'll never see because you won't give it back to me until I return your machine.

I DO like your dropoff concept, but the customer will be placing a lot of trust in you. It's easy to trust bank tellers because someone is constantly looking over their shoulders. Not so easy to trust the guy at the pawn shop or gas station. If you had a secure, low-rent, easy parking location, it might be worth a trial run, but really, how big is your market for such a service? Be careful of falling into the new entrepreneur trap of "This is a GREAT idea! EVERYbody's gonna want this!" Most people really don't care, and ours is a VERY odd niche. For now.

I've advertised a rental service on craigslist--$20/hr for a machine AND OPERATOR that'll glean over 25 pounds of copper coins (worth about a hundred bucks) per hour--but have seen no interest. $20/hr is NOT enough money for me to turn my Ryedale over to ANYone. But I'll let you use my Tinhorn Wheat Separator for free while I operate the machine.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aaa30040 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Maybe interested. Where are you located?
buying wheat pennies at $0.03 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
buying copper pennies at $0.014 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fusscharles » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:57 am

there is so much risk in the machine being loaned or rented out. If the person renting decides to use the restroom and the machine backs up, I can imagine some serious damage. The deposit would have to be substantial- $250 min, with a rental of $100 a day.

That is, after I got a core position... but if I did have the position I was looking for, I would probably rather just sell the machine for $450. 6 and 1/2 dozen
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 am

I could really use that tinhorn wheat seperator. I don't have time to seperate out the wheats right now. Can you ship him to CA? Heck, I could use an extra operator or two to run the machines here. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby penniesnmore » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Im thinking of offering my machines for rent... www.penniesnmore.weebly.com what do you think a fair price would be...also thinking of offering to put the ammount towards the purchase of the machine... check out the video and leave me with your thoughts in the contact me area.
penniesnmore

Postby tinhorn » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:23 pm

penniesnmore wrote:Im thinking of offering my machines for rent... http://www.penniesnmore.weebly.com what do you think a fair price would be...also thinking of offering to put the ammount towards the purchase of the machine... check out the video and leave me with your thoughts in the contact me area.

I'm thinkin' it looks a helluva lot like a Ryedale, including the shape and color of the base. What's up with that?
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:39 pm

I think we've found our knockoff ryedale seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryedale-Coin-Appren ... 336676b722

Same website as in the ebay listing. Andy mentioned someone doing this in the Ryedale forum.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tinhorn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:45 am

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 66.7%
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CU Baker » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 am

Read my post under general discussion and you will know how I feel.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 am

Wow, he was brave enough to join the site. Total ripoff of a great machine.

Hopefully he will fail to sell any and disappear.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby TXBullion » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 am

ed_vantage17 wrote:I think we've found our knockoff ryedale seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryedale-Coin-Appren ... 336676b722

Same website as in the ebay listing. Andy mentioned someone doing this in the Ryedale forum.

I would recommend that if that machine you are selling on Ebay is not a ryedale but your own version of it, you should not be calling it a ryedale, there are possible legal repercussions for that sort of thing
TXBullion

Postby 999Ni » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 am

tinhorn wrote:Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 66.7%

apparently he sold one and never sent it to the buyer? :roll:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:35 pm

"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby c140cessna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 am

I notice this "penniesnmore" user is no longer valid of the forum....did he delete is user id?

Smells like a scam or something similar????
c140cessna
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasteddy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:30 am

It's like the dude that rolled up to the local Banditos MC hangout in Galveston on a rice burner...either incredibly ballsie or dumb....My money is on the admins dumpin him.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby c140cessna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 am

I think he might be selling under user name on ebay of mhagen

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gujKw%253D

Better feedback here that the other ebay id.....says to be using double sorted via the penny miner.
c140cessna
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:54 am

WOW C140cessna I can't believe my eyes. You are still around. Great to see you again and welcome to the new Realcent. Hope to hear more from you.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am

NDFarmer wrote:WOW C140cessna I can't believe my eyes. You are still around.

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND
slickeast

Postby c140cessna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Well, here I am.

I'm not hoarding Cu or Ni at the moment...crazy job has been in the way for over a year now. That and a few more hobbies have been eating my time...trained for and just ran a marathon....and also brewing beer....how is that for 2 hobbies that go together?!?!

Watching the PM's soar - wishing I had a bunch...but heck, copper nudging $4.50 is not all bad. Would like to see those $20+ numbers for nickel again.

I've lost track, but I think the hoard is still around 8 tons (nearly half Canadian).....don't know if 10 tons will ever be reached? Still hoping for the day I can sell them for at least a nickel each...and prefer a dime....

Must wait for the market to develope.

Later - Cessna.
c140cessna
Penny Collector Member

Postby Neckro » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Competition is bad. Very bad.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

tmh929 wrote:
slickeast wrote:Wow, he was brave enough to join the site. Total ripoff of a great machine.

Hopefully he will fail to sell any and disappear.

Well I guess i should shed some facts about this. First off that one machine sold under kyle has no affliation with mhagen, and the other seller that someone quoted before about a guy that had tons of feedback where he never sent anything has absolutely nothing to do with either of them (kyle or mhagen).

Second of all the feedback is good, the reason why kyle has less feedback was because he never sold anything before (he only bought and sold three things) which gives it a lower quality than another.

Third, the machine is just as good, and the penniesnmore user was banned, not sure why? I suggest getting some real facts than making assumptions.

His Ebay userID's are

Pennyworth12
Mhagen21
Winterwoodssupply
Kyle163113

We are not dummies, and we know what he has done and we are not going to BUY, RENT or do business with this guy.
slickeast

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing